
Dad's eldest brother, Tema, passed away July 3rd. I love my Uncle Tema. He was HILARIOUS and CRAZY and LOVED his family more than anything in this world.
My heart was so sad when I heard the news. He lives in Samoa, taking care of our family business and land out there since he is the Matai of the family- Although he held the title of our Afo family, he was very Americanized too and always was so understanding of the fact that times change etc..I liked to hear him speak at the family gatherings. He told it like it was!! The last time I saw my Uncle was at my cousin Tuau's funeral. He always took the time to tell us how much he loved each of us and how much he loved each of his 12 siblings, all of the nieces and nephews and most importantly his grandbabies.
When I say my Uncle is crazy, I mean crazy! :) He didn't put up with ANY crap from anyone. He'd always ask us "is anyone bothering you? 'cause if so, you let Uncle know and I'll shoot them" Yah, we laugh now, but he was so serious- He lived most of his life in Compton, CA and if I ever ran into anyone from the area and they'd ask who my family was, they'd say, "your Uncle Tema is OG". LOL.
He was so loving though and easy to talk to- I always loved seeing him because it wasn't often that we did. I got an email from my cousin Emily (his baby girl) and she said that my Uncle was so happy about the baby and that his brother Toa finally got a grandson :) I wish I was going to be in Samoa for his burial... We love you Uncle Tema and will always remember your crazy ways and your love for each of us..
5 comments:
I loved him very much too and am sad he is gone. Wish we could all go!
I'm sorry for your loss! He seems like a great guy!
good post sis....how bout carson cali lol!!!
Such a sweet post! He sounds like he was such a fun/great uncle! :)
aww, this was a sweet tribute. :) sorry for your loss, Kass.
Post a Comment