
Sarah came by and brought her baby who is 2 weeks old now, and we laid them next to each other because Toa looked so huge to Iliganoa who was 5lbs. :)


His first time in his car seat heading home. His feet are HUGE! What do you expect when Mom wears an 11 and Dad wears a 15? LOL. All the 0-3 months don't fit him. We only live 5 miles from the hospital, but Ray drove so slow and carefully, it took us almost 1/2 hour.
He is the BEST baby. No, seriously! He sleeps through everything. He never fusses or cries. If he is hungry, he grunts or snorts. It's so funny. If he needs a change he makes this funny face like "ewwwww". He's had to get his foot pricked 4 times now because he became a little jaundice and not once did he cry. He squirmed a little and that was it.
I LOVE BEING A MOM! He is the most beautiful, perfect thing ever.
After his first appointment on Friday, the doctor had lights sent to our house because of his biliruben level being a little high. Ok, I totally cried my face off when I had to stick him in the bed. We had to stick these goggles on him and hold them down with a beanie to cover his eyes- I hated covering his face like that. I tried thinking of it as a little tanning bed for him, but when I saw him I couldn't help but cry. Here's our little Batman in his tanning bed.

Thank GOODNESS he is so freakin' big though. He wouldn't fit in the bed when he would stretch out. He kept hitting his head, so we called Praxair back and they brought him another bed. I was SO happy because, no more goggles and he just sleeps in the little jammies and we zip him up :) Not only are his feet huge, but his hands are so big as well. Most of the cuffs on the arms of his long sleeves won't fit over his hands. We had to cut the sleeves on the jammies of this bed to fit his arms through. He is now our little GLO-WORM!

I'm healing much quicker than I thought and it's so nice to be 'lighter' haha and also have my energy back. Ray is the best with him, I just cry seeing him with Toa and you seriously never know a parents love until you become one. Mad props to you Mom's out there- I have a whole different respect for Mother's. It's amazing what you can do on 2 hours of sleep or less :)
He is definitely a piece of heaven. I love my little man so much- He just smiles all the time with his big dimples and I could stare at him all day.
11 comments:
Kass,
i know what you mean about the jaundice and bilirubin levels and all that stress. Allie needed a light bed too...we got one like the second one you used. it made me cry too to have to set her in there and just leave her to "soak". i know, i know, the doctor said it's for her own good but all i wanted to do was hold her close and tell her i love her. thankfully, it passes quickly and then they're just fine. :) hopefully Toa will bounce back quick and you can get rid of the gloworm look. lol. crazy the things we go thru from the very beginning with our kids, yeah? glad he's here. he is such a handsome boy!! love all the pics too. :)
He's GORGEOUS!! I love him so much!! He seriously is such a GOOD baby!! Still laughing @ your size 11 & Ray's size 15. . . .cause I'm lovin' that you don't care 2 share that kinda info!! Lol. Woo hoo 4 you guys joining us all here in the land of PARENTHOOD!! :D Isn't it GREAT!! Even w/the 2hr sleeps, they seem 2 make it all worth it!! And I'm totally jealous that you have all your energy back!! I'm losing mine more & more as the days go by. :( But I'll be there soon. And then we can get started on our P90X!! Chahooo!!! :D Love you tons sis!! :D
your son is soo huge, he's sooo cute! Congrats on ur lil one, I am sure glad to have mine out! :) they are soo worth it aren't they!! Welcome to motherhood, the greatest blessing a woman could ever receive...I'm glad you're enjoying every minute of it :)
Congratulations Kassie and Ray! He is beautiful!
Congrats on the beautiful lil boy- happy for you that he is finally here, you are a great Mom!
Kassie..congrats..Toa is such a handsome and cute young fella.dnt worry Kass, you'll be the rockin greatest mama ever!!! alofa atu..
oh i looooove him so much! he is such a handsome boy!
Thanks for the nice note on our blog. We miss you guys too!! I am loving the thick hair on Toa!! He is precious!! That is cool the Leonne and Fui will be so close...You guys should come visit and we could all get together!!
i luv it sis!! baby is so freakn handsome!!! yay 2 mommies right!!! luv u baby toa!!! uuuummmmmmmwwwaaahhh!!!
He is too cute! You are such a great mommy! :D
He is too cute! You are such a great mommy! :D
Post a Comment