
Breastfeeding. Now, I KNEW pregnancy was going to bring changes to my body. However, AFTER pregnancy, I wasn't so much prepared for those changes.
I know that nursing is THEE best thing for my little babe! Why does something so nutritionally good for your children have to hurt so freaskishly bad? Engorged breasts, leaking everywhere, swollen glands and a soreness no woman could EVER explain to a man. I applaud those mother's who breast feed. Yes, it has come easier with time. I know, I know, it's only been close to 2 weeks for me, but the first 48 hours I wanted to tap out. Throw in the towel and call it quits! Perserverance is a virtue ;)
I feel like the milk man! Everytime he needs to feed, Ray says "the milk man is here" How romantic!! My body will never be the same! LOL, what were once attractive sensual stimulators are now feeding utensils- Oh the joys of being a Mom! Don't get me wrong, I love it. It's just fun to document about the crazy things our bodies do.
12 comments:
AMEN sistah! But yes, it does get easier and soon you'll be cooking dinner, threatening a 2 year old and breast feeding all at the same time, oh wait... that was me last night! Good luck, and you can do it! LOL
Yea it hurts! I started hurting on the third day really bad so I made Bryce go get some of the cream they tell you to use and black tea bags, I used those two for one entire day after and before every feeding and by the next day when Kaleb needed to eat it didn't hurt. I still use the cream once a day. But it does get easier my Kaleb is going to me a month old on tuesday.
So perfectly worded sis!! That's why the longest I've ever last was a month. Lol. But I'm gonna try 2 'PERSEVERE' this time around. Hahaha Wish me luck!! :D
Just to know that you are even trying to breast feed shows how strong you are!! I couldnt even last two weeks with either of my boys so props to you and every mother out there breast feeding!!LOL!! Especialy to you because you have to feed a baby boy who is so big. I cant imagine the pain! However it is healthier so keep up the great work!!
Oh great...now i know what i have to look forward too...sounds painful! I am sure it's worth it in the end! Good luck!!
Wait til you see what happens, when the breast feeding stage is over! Your going love it! ha ha ha ha..
LOL...It is really tough and shouldn't hurt if they are latching on right. It is so good for them and that is what kept me going!!
I love that you are the Milk Man...I was the Dairy Queen...LOL
i agree with your sis...it shouldn't hurt if the latch is right. check with your pediatrician if they have a lactation specialist in house that you can see. ours did and it was the best hour i ever spent with a nurse!! she helped me sooooo much and even gave me tips on what to eat to keep up my milk supply. i nursed Allie for 5 months...my goal was six. but she was just DONE. stinker. bottles are easier, i know, but i was so mad at her for weaning off of me!! LOL!! cheeky girl.
keep up the good work. it takes time to get it down to a routine but then it'll be sooo worth it. :)
You are so funny!! I had a TON of catching up to do, and your little Toa is PRECIOUS!! HE is such a sweetheart! HE has the cutest little smile and the chubbiest little cheeks! I just wanna squeeze em!! I'm sure you LOVE HIM more than life itself!! Motherhood is the BEST calling in life! I LOVE IT!
Yes, it does get easier with time, but the first two weeks and especially for first two DAYS are the hardest. So you are doing GREAT! I never expected it to be so hard, but like everyone says, it gets easier. :)
I think that you're a trooper Kassie! Congratulations on baby! and NO your body will never be the same.. I nursed all 9 of my children! My poor body has been tortured for too long... these dang kids better be good to me! lol... love ya!
Post a Comment