Monday, July 27, 2009

Finau Family Reunion



This past week was my mother-in-laws family reunion with just her siblings- It was so much fun and it was so nice to be able to spend time with everyone.

Day 1
Family talent night and dance.

Ray and I did a tahitian hula hoop number. It's so much easier doing tahitian with a hula hoop :)

Each sibling and their family had to design a shirt that focused on the grandparents: Petesi and Vailama. Ray and I came up with the idea, I thought of the "got milk" theme and Ray thought of the picture and photoshopping milk moustaches on the grandparents. Our shirts were the BEST and won :)

No dance is complete without the Tongan March :) good times










Great Grandpa Vailama and Toa

Day 2
Park day!

I didn't go until later on because it was 105 degrees outside and just way to hot for Toa. We watched fireworks and then went and hung out at my in-laws. I left a little early and Ray stayed and hung out with his cousins and played cards. About 1am Ray called and said his cousins Yami, Yami's wife Titi, Alisi and Aggie flipped their car 3 times. My heart sank- Ray was at the hospital with them and thankfully everyone walked out of the car with minor scratches and bumps.





Day 3
Pool party/family pictures

We took family pictures FIRST :) after we had family home evening at the park while grubbing on some BBQ- at 9pm we had the entire Lehi pool to ourselves. It was so good to spend time with Ray's family. We're ALWAYS doing stuff with my side of the family, so it was good to finally all get together. I love my in-laws, they are good people who know how to have a good time. Can't wait till Texas next year!!


My inlaws.. LOVE THEM




Sia's family. Representing Sesikuana's family


Seni's family


Sa's Family


Lasi's family


Kava Lahi's family


Naomi's Family

4 comments:

pwincessdi said...

aww looks like it was a lotta fun! =)

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

oh... i love your family picture it turned out so cute! and how fun i know i feel like we are always with our family and never with matinas extended so that is nice.

Hayward Family said...

Looks like fun!! I LOVE reunions!! HI Sita & Tweedy!! I LOVE those 2!!

Anonymous said...

Fun! ha ha I love the shirts! Lol Tahitian with hula hoops has to be the best! ha ha We did it at our Thanksgiving get together last year! ha ha It's was so funny! :) You are just glowing in all your pictures! :)