Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Rachey B


Today is my 'sister' Rachel's birthday. She might as well be my sister. Rachel and I have known each other from the beginning of our time. We are less than one day apart, she's 6 hours older than me. As our Mom's were in the recovery room with each other, they were talking and realized that they lived across the street from each other. I don't remember my life WITHOUT Rachel. We were always "twins" growing up, but I kept growing, and she stopped in 7th grade. She's my little Canadimexican sister.

Rach is one of the most beautiful people I know. Naturally beautiful, talents, brilliant, athletic, HILARIOUS, spontaneous, driven!!! She is an amazing Mother to her 2 beautiful girls Thalia and Nayel. When we were in 8th grade we had a typical little teenager spat, didn't talk to each other for a few months then made up. Sad thing is, I can't even remember why we were 'mad' at each other. Not even a month later, Rachel was hit by a drunk driver crossing the street to our friends' house. It knocked her out of her shoes literally, she flew 50 feet and crushed her pelvic bone, broke many bones and had severe head trauma. I'm amazed to this day that she made it through that. She was life-flighted to the hospital where she spent months recovering. I went to see her all the time, I seriously thought she was going to die. I couldn't imagine life without her!!!

She is the toughest cookie I know, she is my ride-to-die girl, and we have so many funny memories of us doing stupid things from sneaking out to toilet paper someone's house, to "borrowing" our parents cars! We've been there for each other through losing loved ones, the birth of her girls, heartbreaks, fights, tears, laughs, accomplishments, you name it! Her parents would ground me and mine would do the same to her. She is like a daughter to my parents and part of our family. My extended family is even close to her.... I absolutely LOVE this beautiful lady to death. She has always been an example to me! She works hard, plays hard and is just gorgeous inside and out! Even though we may not talk everyday, I know I can count on her for anything, to be anywhere if needed and I know she can expect the same from me. I love you Rachey B... Have a great birthday!!!!

6 comments:

MARCIA said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE TO YOUR BEST FRIEND!!

pwincessdi said...

How sweet!! This is exactly how I feel about my BF's! Nice post :)

Ku'uipo said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! We love ya. Not only did I have to put up with Kassie when we were little, but that monster too...LOL. Love it though!

The Brownz said...

Happy Bday Rachel and Kass. Love you sis:)

Anonymous said...

Okay Kass-
Since you don't have a blog about your B-Day let me just wish you and Rachel and happy birthday! I remember how crazy (but cool) you two were in school...crazy soccer chicks! Poor Coach Knapp...

Love ya-
lm

sarah said...

I had no idea you two knew each other for so long?! Crazy. Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rachel! I miss your crazy arse! Hope you had a good one =)