Monday, June 13, 2011

Today I met, the boy I'm gonna marry.......

Four years ago, I was single, living a fun care-free life, and only worrying about myself.
I was in no way, shape, or form wanting to settle down, and was pretty much a 'man-hater'. I was having the time of my life, living with one of my good friends, working at a job that allowed me to travel 4 days a week and fly the world for free, recently landed a director job, and just having FUN... alone!

My BFF Tupu called me around 4am this night, four years ago and asked me to drive to Provo to come to her friends house and hang out with her. I was such a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type of person, that I hopped in my car, pajamas and all and drove 45 minutes to Provo. 

I had no idea who anyone at the house was except Tupu and her husband Manaia, but really didn't care because I went to hang out with Tupu... we were sitting at the kitchen table playing cards and it was me, Tupu, her husband and this kid named Ray. He was kind of irritating me, asking me a million questions, but we had a good time laughing. The first thing I noticed was he had a GOLD tooth in the front of his mouth..I of course had to tease him about the gold tooth, but he was a good sport. He then proceeded to ask me when my birthday was and I told him "May 7th", he said, "oh, well we can share our birthdays for the rest of our lives together because my birthday is May 8th" He lied to me and told me he was 24 then....um, he was barely 21! 

I didn't really think anything more when I left a few hours later.... the next day I got a text from him asking me to dinner and I asked him how he got my number and Manaia gave it to him. I could've killed Manaia. I didn't want to be bothered. However, this Ray guy was a gentleman. He would drive from Provo to Salt Lake City all the time just to come say HI and hang out, and he would always have treats and flowers delivered to my work. Still, to this day he is always doing sweet surprises and random little acts of love.....

Ray was extreeeemely diligent in wooing me over! I wasn't the nicest girl to him in the beginning and definitely made him prove himself to me.. he put in his time and went through my wrath :) No matter how many times I said NO to his dates, or how many times I stood him up, he was a genuine sweetheart and was always so nice to me! It took about three or four months for me to really let my wall down with Ray...I don't trust too easily, but I'm so happy he was persistent and never gave up on me. I will never forget the day when I realized he was the person I wanted to share the rest of my life with and have a family together. We were at the Utah State Fair with our match-makers. (the picture above is at the fair that night)

Ray always said, I was the "Unicorn to capture the Dragon's heart" it's kind of an inside joke, but when I had Ray's wedding ring done, I engraved "Capture the Dragon's Heart" on the inside! :)

I love my Dragon.. he seriously is such a good man in every way and I am blessed.

Who knew I would've met my future husband, at 4am, in pajamas, lookin' like a hot mess!?

PS.. the gold tooth came out 4 months after we met! haha.. 

8 comments:

Misses Barlow said...

you guys are so cute! couple/family of the year! hope you and the babies are doing well! xoxo

t@nG! said...

Love this post... it's a good idea :) Don't be surprised if I end up having one soon LOL Oh but that story could get a little crazy for us... hahaha. ANYWAYS! Keep up the blogging :) Glad you're feeling a little better... take it easy! XoXO...

cat said...

Aww...such a great beginning to your story! And I totally blame you for having the song in my head all day!

pwincessdi said...

such a sweet story, I love it :) lol @ the gold tooth haha

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the gold tooth! Isn't that a tongan thing though?? hahaha Jk.. Loved this post. I love hearing how couples met. And to see how in love they are.. is the cutest thing! XoXo.. :)

Laura Burtis said...

Kassie, you guys are so cute! I loved reading this story! What a good guy! You guys make an absolutely wonderful couple {and GORGEOUS kids too!! :)}

Mahe Clan said...

Too cute sis. Im so happy Ray takes such good care of you. You have always deserved it. Love you cousin.

The Brownz said...

It was just meant to be sissy:) Love you both!!