Wednesday, June 15, 2011

{2 Week Rule}

2 weeks is the longest Ray and I have ever been apart since we have been together.. 
4 years now

I don't even know why it became two weeks.. it just always seemed to happen that way when we were apart.. somehow we would always make our way to each other after 2 weeks.

I am so sad to say that we are going to have to break our 2 week separation goal :(

This Sunday will mark 2 weeks apart from each other, and the longest Ray has been away from Toa. Ray won't be able to come here until the end of the month for Toa's 2nd birthday, if the lockout is still on. If it lifts we don't know when we will be able to see him :( 

I know it doesn't seem like a long time, but to us it is. We hate being a part from each other...Time goes by extremely slow, no matter how busy we are. It has already been a long 10 days. Now, we knew this is what we signed up for with me coming home to have the twins etc, but still.. it sucks! Life goes by way too fast to be apart and we always say it's like walking around without one of your legs when the other is away.

Toa has had a hard time this time around with Ray gone. He understands that Daddy is working but he doesn't understand why he doesn't see him every night. He has been crying to his Dad and it makes me so sad... I know it's so hard on Ray too because he cries for his baby boy. Ray really is the greatest Dad.. he loves his boy more than anything in this world and it kills him that we left Florida. I will wake up and have texts in the middle of the night that say "I can't sleep, I miss you guys so much" or "Woke up again, miss my boy so much, made me cry all night." (He'll probably kill me for documenting this)
He is just an amazing Dad.. I know if I would have 12 kids he would love that.. 

Being apart is something we refuse to get use to.. my family said they will fly Toa out to see Ray once season starts, and luckily there are a few west coast games that hopefully I will be able to make it to. I just wish Miami wasn't so bloody far!

We miss you so  much and can't wait for you to come party hardy for Toa's birthday and a late Father's Day... LOVE YOU!!

2 comments:

Misses Barlow said...

damn lock out! so sorry you guys have to be apart for so long! kisses to you and baby :) xo

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Awww. . . .that is so sad!! Poor Toa & poor Ray!! It's one thing to be apart, but a whole 'notha thing when we're here surrounded by our families n friends & they're out of state by themselves. Way to sacrifice in order to support your family Ray!! :D Two weeks or two months. . . .it never gets any easier.