Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chalk Art Festival

Last Saturday we decided to take Toa and Elway up to the Gateway to check out the Chalk Art Festival which supports the adoption/foster care system of Utah. 

There were some extremely talented individuals and groups doing artwork on the sidewalk. Here are a few pictures of my favorites. It was hot and I definitely over did myself that day walking all of Gateway, but it was nice to get out.. however, I remember now why I don't care to go to big functions.. I am NOT a big crowd type of person. I don't know if it's because I'm more irritable now or what, but I enjoy the Gateway much more when it's not busy :)

The boys loved it.. I was so sad when it rained Sunday because I wanted to go walk around again and see all the artwork with LESS of a crowd there. Yay for good adoptive/foster care parents! :)

















2 comments:

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Wow!! Those art works are amazing!! I'm gonna have to take my kids there the next time around. :)

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Wow, that was some amazing work! I've never heard of that event before! I love how you're always so involved with the community....and always supporting such great causes!