Friday, February 26, 2010

The wheels in my head go round and round......

I haven't slept much lately.
Perhaps it's adjusting to a new domain, or perhaps it's the snoring contest between my two boys.

How does one turn OFF their brain though? I've always had this problem.
I feel as if my mind is going 100 mph non-stop with ideas, thoughts, craft projects, things on my 'to-do' list, things to add to my 'to-do' list. It's never ending.

I had to pop a few Advil PM the other night just to get some shut-eye.

My current obsession: Toa's Birthday Circus. Oh Em Gee... I know what my vision is for his party and I'm hell-bent on making it come to life. What Kassie wants, Kassie usually gets with hard work and a little, okay, a lot of demanding. I'm being honest though, right?

I've been planning for a solid 2 months already and there's still 113 days to go, but I know those 113 days and counting are going to come quickly. Planning a party 3000 miles away has its stresses.

I don't think Ray really understood HOW busy my brain is, until he came back from basketball the other night. After being gone for only 2 hours, I had 7 to-do lists, 3 different invitations created to choose from, several on-line shopping tasks completed, 2 sewing projects in the works, a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies, the house was spot-less, 3 upcoming trips were mapped out, and baby was snoozing away! (At least one of us is getting some sleep)

Ray then gave me the Advil PM prescription after hearing me explain what each item on the to-do list was.. :)

My brain is exhausted..Some days it leaves me so physically exhausted. I highly choose physical exhaustion over mental.. At least I know my body is getting some good excercise out of it! I really just want this celebration of my little man's 1st year to be as wonderful as I imagine it. If not, I really will be disappointed. I hate when I put so much into something and don't get the result I want..It's the OCD and perfectionism in me.. Thank goodness Ray is more non-chalant about things, because two of me would be a circus in itself. You may think, why does it even matter, Toa won't remember this. 1st birthday's are a big deal to our culture, especially in our family. Birthday's are a big deal to me anyways.. It's one thing I will always go crazy on for my kids..It's their day and every year we will celebrate it to the max!

Well, the sun is rising here in beautiful Miami...I guess I'd better get to my 'to-do' lists... I read somewhere that Liberace and Beethoven never slept.. Hmmmmmmm, now I jusy need my masterpiece to come alive ;)

Happy Reading...

4 comments:

Amy said...

Kass you truly are amazing! I'm gonna call you super woman from now on. I've seen how determined you get when you want something. I know baby Toa's birthday will be amazing and hopefully you'll get some sleep soon!

Ku'uipo said...

You're silly. Go to sleep! LOL. Go sleep in the other room with baby if the hubby is snoring...or actually, send HIM to the other room. Birthday will be great, and believe me, I know what it's like to plan and slave over parties. Just be happy you only have 1 this year to deal with...lol.

Tina said...

You have GOT to check out this site!!! http://karaspartyideas.blogspot.com/

IONGI FAMILY said...

Birthday's are such a big deal!!! it's celebrating another year grown!!! so fast!! hope u get some shut eye very soon!!!