Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What to do? What to do?


I'm really debating if I should keep my blog private or not. After posting that it was going private, I received quite a few emails that I was shocked to receive from people who had been reading my blog that I have yet to meet. Good emails.

I never realized that my words and thoughts actually HELPED people and touched people's lives. THANK YOU for those kind emails and words of encouragement to keep blogging. You know who you guys are and it really meant a lot to me.

I have met some pretty darn amazing people from the blogging world... some I have become friends with and some I have not physically met them, but have built relationships/friendships because of this gadget.

It makes me crazy that there are people who do read my blog that have bad intentions or just to keep tabs on my husband and me. You know who you guys are too.... HATERS! Therefore, I'm having a brain fart on what to do... I go back and forth with the privatization of this journal. I try to keep most of the really really personal things off of here for that reason.

I don't want to shut out the possiblity of meeting new friends... that's all.... it's too bad there are jerks out there who take the information from your FAMLY blog and twist things.... I wish we could just block certain people.. there's always one or two morons to ruin the party....

9 comments:

MARCIA said...

That sucks that you have to go through that. I went to check on your blog this morning and it said it was private, I was like "shucks, I loved reading her blogs." But then I came on just now and now I understand why you would contemplate going private. You are an inspiration and your blogs are good to read. Whatever decision you make, its for the protection of you and your family. But just to let you know and you probably already do, haters will always find a way...ugghh

pwincessdi said...

Yes I agree with u sister...it is up to you. I know Mazzie had someone from Census come to her front door step and he had copies of all her blogs...pretty scary! But yeah u do what's right for you and your family :)

Halli said...

Sucks that no matter what you do those haters will still be out there. Best of luck and do what you need to, we'll understand. =)

Anna, what do you mean someone from Census came to her door? What for?

mary said...

i know what you mean. i liked having my blog public because i got to find a lot of old friends that i hadn't seen forever and make a lot of new ones that just stumbled on my blog. however, like you said, it's the one or two morons that ruin the party. ha ha. you'll know what is best for you and your family. good luck!

IONGI FAMILY said...

I had a few of those Morons and realized that HATERS can HATE on and be "nosy" and be all up in my business because my blog is for me and my family to document our lil adventures, I got to meet u through ur blog and in person and what a great example you are!!! best of luck my dear!!!

Sinai said...

Decisions...decisions...it's too bad that there are people out there with nothing better to do. Whatever you do, I still wanna follow! I love blogs because for one, I get to meet some new people and I get motivation reading them...motivation to be a better mom, live a better life...etc. and also ideas. Ideas of things that I can do with my family! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jen said...

It has been so fun to see what an awesome mom you have become... I have loved following your little family...But you have to do what you have to do. I keep going back and forth on mine. I hope if you do go private I can get an invite.
jenmcnees@gmail.com

Tala Motuliki said...

thats sooooo funny that you recieved all those emails... I only know you from here and facebook, and all the wonderful things that my sister in laws have said aboutyou, and i am too one of those who love reading your blogs and get inspiration from them... one thing that always stuck with me was on one of your posts you wrote about your little man and at the end you wrote: god is so good to us! Wow! that impacted me in a way that no one ever has, and when i read that you were going on private, I didn't want to be a stalker...LOL and request that you add me...hahah but Im really glad that you see that GOOD in all that BAD and that you got a taste of the inspiration that you give through your blogs that we all don't praise you enough for... hope you don't think im a stalker now, LOL! but really, despite all of the success with Ray, you are an amazing individual!

Felecia Moeaki said...

I have struggled with mine as well, not because I have haters, but for my family abroad..it was hard for them to figure out what a gmail account is LOL...Honestly, people that hate are just jealous!! I say stay public. The good comments and people will always outshine the bad!