Thursday, February 4, 2010

Together is the only place to be

We're moving!
2,605 miles away!
I'm happy, sad, excited and nervous.

Some of you might know, Ray signed a 2-year deal with the Miami Dolphins on January 1st. Way to kick off a new year right? Yes, he still has to go through the gut-wrenching process of making the final 53 come September, but in the mean time he is there for Spring training and working with his coach to be the best he can be.

We were debating if I should just stay here and just visit and then we thought WHY would I stay here? :) There's no reason for us NOT to be together. We have a 2 bedroom condo there in Miami and we know he'll at least be there until September, so we decided to make the move and then go from there this fall.. It's not like we have a mortgage here and I'm not working and Toa isn't in school....I have faith that his talent and hard work will pay off. He wants this too bad. It's been a little bit of a rough road, but hey, it's not how you start right? It's how you FINISH!

Toa and I are going out there in 2 weeks. We are here to help out my Dad with his post-op recovery and have just been packing and are shipping our car and things today!!

I am excited to get there. I don't really care for Miami, it's not Utah! Our families are so far, and I am so incredibly close to my family, but I will make the best out our new adventure. I love my Ray so much. Life is just not the same without him. I don't sleep well, I have a lack of appetite (which is probably a good thing) We don't want to miss out on anything with each other and especially him not being with Toa everyday. Being apart is something I refuse to get used to. Life is too short to be away from each other. No job to me, no amount of money to me can make up for loss time. Time is priceless, therefore the only place to be is TOGETHER!

I respect those in our armed forces who do this for years and years and sacrafice so much for others freedom. You are true heroes

Baby, I can't wait to get there and be with you... thank you for working so hard and sticking to your dream. Don't ever give up... we are always here to support you.

TEAM FEINGA!

13 comments:

Halli said...

Yes, I agree. Do anything you can to be together, to stay together. I wish you 3 the best! Miami will be fun even if it's for a short period of time. Looking back on it Toa can always say "Hey, I lived in Miami once" :)

pwincessdi said...

I agree whole heartedly!! Nothing can make up for loss time, and no amount of money is worth being apart!! You are making the right choice. I will miss you, but I can fly for free and visit you!!! I've never been there, so It'll be FUN!! :)

IONGI FAMILY said...

That's so awesome go dolphins!!! best wishes to you and ur family!!! It's way better to be together then far away from one another!!! take care!!! MIAMI!!! =) FUN!!! It's hard being away from family, but what I have learned while being away it helped my hubby and I rely on one another =) grow stronger in our relationship so no running away during a fight for me lol

Ane said...

I agree with what they all said above my comment! We lived in Vegas for 2 years and AZ for 2 years, it made us stronger because we had each other and strengthened our marriage. I look forward to reading about your adventures and hope to see you before you all move...last time was at flag day..lol! Well, take care Kass and keep on being the wonderful wife and mom that you are!

Hugz!

Amy said...

Ok I'm totally excited for you and yet totally sad that you're moving!! I will keep you guys in my prayers and hope everything works out for you out in Miami. Alex and I did the whole visit on the weekend thing for a couple of months last year and it sucks and being together is worth more than anything in the world! We need to get together before you leave!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes I totally Agree your making a beautiful choice by going to Miami what a neat experience and think of all the great memories yall will build out there! Your very creative so I know you will have a great time out there in Miami! We are proud of you Ray Congrats to your lil family!

Taylor Tribe said...

Congrats to your beautiful family! That is way awesome news. At the end of the day, family is what matters so go for it sister, & the best time to do it (travel & live in different places) is now. We did it when our kids were young, HI, AZ, UT, Fiji (3yrs), & New Zealand(4yrs). Now they love to look back & reminisce."The World is your Oyster"...Best wishes in everything you do. Take care :)

Nimo said...

AGREED! It really doesn't matter where you are as long as you are with the ones you love most. Best wishes on your new life adventure!

Kassie said...

Thanks everyone! We are so excited and so blessed for the opportunities we have been given. I'm just happy my huband WANTS me out there! Hahaha.. Some husbands are like, peace, see ya in a few months! Lol..whoever comes to visit us, we have an extra guest room for you! We will definitely need our family and friends to come visit! Thanks for your support everyone.. Love you all

Ku'uipo said...

Have fun while you're out there and make it a perfect, peaceful home for Toa! Love ya and wish you were staying though!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Hey Kass.... I totally agree with your decision! Even though you'll miss your family and friends here in good old Utah, your home is with your little family! It's a good thing we have blogger and facebook to keep in touch huh! Oh, and I too have those wonderful flying bennies....hahaha!

Tala Motuliki said...

You are definately making the right choice, you can't go wrong with love and family, but you can when it comes to time apart from eachother... love your choice! hope your dad is doing well...tala

Rachey-Foo said...

I'm happy for you, Kass. together is best. you know it and you'll be blessed for the sacrifices you make for not only your marriage but for your son. :) all the best out in MIAMI!!!
xoxoxo