Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rock Star Birthday

I was asked about 8 months ago from my friend Sheena to help plan her daughter Mele's 8th birthday. It was a big deal, because she also got baptized that day as well... We decided on a Rock Star theme and Sheena was the best client ever! She let me come up with whatever I wanted and never gave me grief about anything! :) 

I had an idea of what I wanted the party to look like and stuck to it. I like doing things that way, if not, I'll go insane changing my mind a hundred times. I had ordered most of the stuff back in November, so I was set and in March, while I was in SLC visiting I took Mele's pictures for her invitations and then I got sick from the pregnancy. I  was so worried about the party.. I didn't know how I was going to feel, I didn't know how I was going to get everything done to my expectation, but silly me, how could have I doubted the help from my sisters and Mom. Most of everything that needed to be done was back in Utah, and I had planned on going to Utah in June for Toa's birthday but as you know, we ended up coming back earlier.

My sisters and Mom of course stepped up to help me make sure we got everything done.. the centerpieces just had to be made, I had to still make all of the personalized labels etc. and last minute things needed to be purchased.  I seriously could not have done it without the help of my family... yay for the KKK event planning..lol! Seriously, one day while running errands with Kamie, I had to lay down in the middle of Zurchers because I got really sick.. 

I was going to have my sister make the cake, but we had such a busy week with Toa's birthday, Larissa's birthday and the holiday weekend that I went through a friend of a friend to make the cake and she did an amazing job! We had planned on decorating the ceiling and then when I got sick, it was just too much for me to worry about and I went through Kaelissa Hansen and she came and decorated the stage and draped the ceiling for me. It turned out perfectly and helped us out a ton!

The morning of the party my  Mom watched Toa and my sisters, Ray and I loaded up and went and decorated. It took us about 4 1/2 hours to get the chapel all put together, and I think it turned out so cute. Best helpers EVER! Ray is such a good husband, he just took orders that morning and helped with what was asked and did a great job. He thinks I'm crazy with the party planning, but after we got everything together he thoroughly enjoyed it!

The kids seemed to have a good time and I really hope Sheena and her family were happy with the outcome. We love planning parties. I think it allows us to get creative and is our outlet on things. Making things is so much fun and although it's a lot of work and time consuming, we are addicted to it. 

Thank you again Tuakoi family for trusting us to make Mele's day special. We had so much fun and hope Mele did as well. 

This is the invitation I made. I loved the turnout. :)

 invites

3 comments:

letafauolo said...

Good job sis!! I love the cake... the whole party looked awesome, no wonder Nana really wanted to go!! haha

Sinai said...

Amazing!!! Saw your post and could not wait to see what you put together. Great job!!! I will keep you in mind for my daughter's sweet 16. She's only 11 now, but trying to plan ahead. Again, you are just awesome!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! We couldn't thank you ladies enough, for doing such an awesome job!! I seriously have recommended "KKK" to everyone!! :) What I LOVED the most, was that you made the party all about the kids!! It was GREAT! Can't wait to work with you guys again!! XOXO! :)