Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

"The greatest gift I ever had, it came from God, I call him Dad"

I love my Daddy. He is my twin. I know that's why we bump heads so often, yet we're so close. I am my Father's daughter.

Since I can remember, I have always wanted to go with my Dad wherever he went. I think I am the boy he never had. He never missed a volleyball game of mine or an event I was participating in. He was the best cheerleader ever. I love my Dad. I love him so very much and am so grateful for the example he sets for us. I love that he calls me two or three times a day to check on us. I love that he wants to Skype all the time with us when we are away. I love that he sings to Toa over the phone and I love how close we are. He has always worked so hard, providing for our family and never once complaining about it. My parents became parents very young and it amazes me how they made everything happen that they did. When they were my age they had a 10, 7, and a 3 year old, their own home, 2 cars and we always went on trips and had a fridge full of food.

My dad is such a hard worker, a faithful man, a loving and the most kind hearted person you will ever meet. He would give you the shirt off his back and has done so many times. He is the most positive, up-beat, laid back person. When he was diagnosed with cancer, not once did he ever complain or become down about it. He is a fighter, he is such a beautiful person to me and I absolutely love and adore him. I am so honored to have my son named after him and I hope I can raise him to be as wonderful as a man as my Dad.

He is the best Poppy around too. He sees his grandkids at least 5 times a week. He loves them all so much and would do anything for them. His family is his life. He would do anything for his friends as well. My Dad is such a good friend. I'll meet someone and they'll ask me my last name and they always ask if Toa is my dad. He knows everyone and they all love him so much. He is so talented, and the best Elvis around! I love hearing my Dad sing and perform, he is quite the character.

Dad, you're simply the best! I appreciate everything you do for our family and for being such an amazing person. We love you and hope your Father's Day is just as wonderful as you!!

I also am so thankful for my Father-in-law Siaosi and my grandpa Ray and my brothers Myron and Matina.. they are all such wonderful men and great Dads. Ray's dad is his biggest fan. He would do anything for his kids as well and since Ray was 8 years old, he has never missed ONE game of Ray's. That's right, not ONE game! He makes so many sacrafices to provide for his family. He has been such a good Grandpa to Toa and has even flown to Miami for 5 hours to see us. He is such a hard worker and is a great man of God. He is so faithful in what he does and leads by example.

Grandpa Ray is my second dad. I love my gramps. He is so silly and has always given me anything I wanted. :) He is the best Gramps around and has taught me how to live life to the fullest and enjoy it all..

I am blessed with wonderful men in my lives.. I love all of them so very much. Happy Father's Day

2 comments:

pwincessdi said...

this is the cutest post I've read in a loong time by anyone, I can really tell how much your father means to you. he sounds like an amazing dad, as well as all the other wonderful father figures in your life! You are a true testament to them!

letafauolo said...

aww sis, that was an awesome post. i nearly cried.. it reminded me of the time that the band was feuding DURING THE JOB and your dad pulled them all outside to work out everyones differences.. LOL oh gosh. I LOVE YOU UNCLE TOA! I'm sure he had an awesome fathers day!! =) xoxoxo