Sunday, May 29, 2011

There's No Place Like Home!

We're back!

Back to good ol' Utah..

I'm really REALLY happy to be home. We've decided that I am staying here to have the twinkies!
I absolutely love my doctor here in Salt Lake and his entire office and I love our pediatrician here.
With me being as sick as I've been and literally down in bed all day, it's been really nice to have the help of our families with the most simple things.. especially taking care of Toa .

It's been emotionally hard because I feel so damn useless. I can't even care for Toa right now. Yes, that's how bloody sick I am. Everyone has really stepped up to help us out. It's so nice to have Ray here for the time being too.. as soon as the lockout lifts though he will have to head back to our condo in Miami.

I am beyond grateful for our families.. Toa seems really happy too.. he loves having all his cousins here and getting all the attention he does. He had his first sleepover last night at Aunty Kamie's house. 
They have definitely kept him busy this last week... 

It's good to be home.. it will be so good to see everyone here too. I hope I start feeling better soon. I'm getting really really frustrated. Those who know me, know I'm a busy body and always on the go. Being down in bed for the past 3 months has not been too much fun for me... everything has been neglected. I haven't picked up my camera in 2 months. I've had to turn down numerous photoshoots :( my eyebrows are a hot mess and I finally mustered up the strength to shave my mammoth legs in 2 months.. gross, I know. 

I am 13 weeks and already have a little belly. Although I've dropped 32lbs as of last Thursday.  I didn't really  notice my belly until I put on actual clothes. My wardrobe has consisted of sweats and t-shirts for quite some time now. 

I'm loving the weather here in Utah.. it's so nice and COOL! It was too hot for me in Florida and the humidity was killing me and it was barely at 50% when we left.. I know for a fact I wouldn't have lasted another summer out there! I'm enjoying the smell of rain and crisp cool air.... 

So, Utah family and friends.. I can't wait to see all you! 
Please, just don't look at my eyebrows ;)


10 comments:

Klarah said...

I am happy your home where majority of your family and friends reside. There is no place like home, especially when you are feeling the way you do. I'm sure your family is more estatic that you are here so that way they can keep an eye on you and the twinkies!! As for Toa, I'm sure he is always welcomed at everyone's house with open arms whether you want him to go or not, I mean who can resist his smile!?!?LOL! Hope you feel better soon Kass. You don't have too much longer now until the first trimester is over then hopefully this sickness will go away if not Then hopefully it will be a little more bearable.

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

LOL @ your eyebrows and mammoth legs....hahaha at least you can find a sense of humor throughout all the sickness.....and hopefully you'll start feeling better soon since you're past the first trimester!! Can't believe you've lost that much weight.....dang girl. In all your posts you've talked about what a great family you have.....that's great that you're here where they can help you! Hopefully when we both start feeling a little better we can meet up for a Amy's Hot Fudge Sundae!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're home!! :) And you said it all, "There is NO place like Home!".. I still can't get over the whole, losing 32 pounds!! I wish it were that easy for me to drop weight! Lol My family calls me Oprah, cause my weight bounces around all the time.. haha So terrible! And so happy that Ray gets to be here with you guys too. Husbands definitely make things a lot easier.. :) Take care my dear! :)

The Vaitu'u fAmiLy said...

You hit it right on the head Kassie! There is not place like home!! And I was so worried about you being so faraway from your mom and being so sick. I know its hard but enjoy your pregnancy and the moments to come!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Yay for being back home!! Can't believe everything you have to go through. :( Hopefully coming home means things will start looking up from here on out. :D I promise not to look at your eyebrows if you promise not to look at mine!! Hahahaha!! Feel better soon.

P.S.: Just wanna say HIIIYYYEEE to Oprah above me!! I loved your show today with all the twinkies in the audience!! Hahahaha!!

BATGIRL said...

At least you have eyebrows! I have them courtesy of Bare Escentuals! ;)

Love you and hope you start feeling better!

Nat

BATGIRL said...

At least you have eyebrows! I only have mine courtesy of Bare Escentuals. :-)

Love you and hope you start to feel better! Glad your home!

N.

Hayward Family said...

Welcome home Kassie! How exciting that you are having TWINS!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!! That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you guys! Take care of yourself! Love you girl!

JewelzMok said...

Welcome home! Glad you're getting the help you need. It's great to have wonderful family members. Hope you start to feel better soon!

Sinai said...

I love your posts -- so funny (eyebrows & mammoth legs...whatever). Nothing like having family around to help. I'm forever grateful for mine after my twins were born. Luckily I didn't have morning sickness. Hope you feel better!