Our birthday's fall May 7th (mine) and May 8th (Ray's)
It's always a really busy month for us.. this year Mother's Day fell on Ray's birthday.
I have been feeling extremely crummy and haven't had energy to do much of anything really.
Not quite how I pictured my big 3-0 birthday, but to be sick because I'm having twins, I wouldn't want anything different :)
Ray was so awesome at making sure I had a good day anyways.. I woke up around 11am and him and Toa started singing Happy Birthday and Toa gave me a bouquet of balloons and a bag full of goodies! We seriously just lounged around all day and I wasn't up for much. My sweet friend Tupou came over and brought me a little cheesecake, a beautiful pot of hydrangeas and a case of Gingerale.. she is so sweet.
We also got a little care package from my parents full of goodies and cards and my Grandma send me a crochet headband that she made me.
I went back to sleep and woke up around 7pm to the smell of yummy cake baking! :) Ray made me a nice chocolate cake and him and Toa brought it into me singing Happy Birthday again.. through the tears I blew out my candles and made a wish.. I pulled my sorry butt out of bed and we watched La Bamba and I ate a bite of cake and ice cream. I wish I had felt better... but my family made my day wonderful.
Ray went out to our friend Stefan's house to watch the fight and Toa and I went to sleep :)
I probably won Worst Wife Award on Sunday because I didn't do anything for Ray's birthday.. I cried and apologized and he said he didn't care that it was his birthday because it was Mother's Day.. he again made it so special and brought me a beautiful vase of roses and he had gotten pictures of him and Toa done a few weeks before and had one framed and a mug of Toa's pictures made for me.. it was the best!
I slept most of the day and cried the other time I wasn't sleeping because I felt so crappy for not getting anything done for my husbands birthday. I ALWAYS ALWAYS go out big for birthday's but I promised I would make it up to him!! He ordered out his favorite Korean BBQ for dinner and we just watched movies.
I love my boys... they sure do know how to make me feel special and loved and beautiful regardless how pathetic I am right now. They've been so patient and understanding.. Ray has seriously taken over EVERYTHING! I haven't done anything in 6 weeks! I appreciate my husband so much, I really don't know what I'd do without him. He has been amazing without complaint. I haven't been the easiest to deal with lately, and I try not to complain either.. I've just gotten really frustrated. I'm not used to being confined and down like this. I know it is all worth it in the end and I know being sick is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy.. these little Twinkies are already kicking my butt though. ;)
4 comments:
Such a great blessing to have not one but two little fur balls to cuddle up with :)... You're working for 3 and you deserve to rest. Congrats Kassie I am so happy for you!..
Awww.....don't be so hard on yourself!! Sounds like you have and awesomely supportive, loving and understanding hubby there!! Hang in there girl, hopefully the sickness will go away soon....and just remember what you said...being sick sucks, but it'll all be worth it in the end!! Love ya Kass!
awww Ray is so good to u. let him take care of u, cause he knows you would've if you could've gone above and beyond! :)
I feel so bad for you that you are so down and crummy! I'm sure Ray understands why you didn't do anything for him on his b-day and yet in the back of his mind he knows you will for sure make it up to him! However I can almost guarantee all he wants is for his "Twinkies" and there mommy to be healthy! Toa seems to be very helpful and uplifting in his own ways and that is a plus! I do hope you start to feel better soon. If you need anything or there is something I can help you with from here let me know! I will try my best! Love ya and hang in there, first trimesters are the worse and you are coming to the end of it!
Post a Comment