I love being an American.
Despite all the craziness surrounding us now and the economy, I am a proud citizen.
Isn't it ironic that we create war so there can be peace?
I will not pretend that I am war/politics savvy, because I'm not.
I pay attention to the news, however a lot of the time I turn it off because it's depressing.
All I know is there are individuals in this world who have selflessly signed their lives away to fight for this country.
To fight for our freedom.
My freedom.
It goes back generations. Our Veterans. My Grandfather and his brothers.
Many of your family members as well.
I read a lot of books that describe what a lot of our Veterans go through when coming home. All I know, these men and women of honor should be set up for the rest of their lives, and they're not. (I won't go off on that tangent right now)
I am so grateful. I've been to other countries. We are truly blessed.
I am forever indebted to our soldiers for their bravery and selflessness.
It is because of you, my family is able to live in freedom and sleep peacefully.
You are all in my prayers every day, that you may return home to your families and that you may be comforted and safe and your minds may be clear from the tarnage you have witnessed.
I am thankful for your sacrafices and for your family's sacrafices.
I am thankful for your sacrafices and for your family's sacrafices.
I do have a soft spot for soldiers. Whenever I see them traveling, or being honored at a game, or around town, I honestly get choked up inside and want to just hug them and thank them for their service.
Here's to our Veterans and Soldiers all over the world.
THANK YOU!

5 comments:
DITTO!! I wish I could "Like" this blog or RETWEET it...haha Love it sis. you're always acknowledging and recognizing those in the armed forces!! =)
Loved this post Kass....so true! I see a lot of soliders flying through the airport and I always get choked up when I see them, especially if their flight is delayed or they are misconnected. They sacrifice their lives and their family time for our freedom. I'm so grateful, thankful and forever indebted to them. Thanks for this wonderful post Kass....love ya!
Great blog Kass! It's exactly how I feel. As an Army brat and a daughter of a Persian Gulf War vet, I'm so grateful to hear and read others appreciatation for our veterans. As Americans I feel it's easy to forget that freedom is not free.
Thanks for that Kass!! After going thru an Iraq tour with my hubby, I appreciat MORE all those that serve. IT is hard for both parties, the solider and his family, to be apart from each other, not knowing if they will see eachother again. We just got lucky. :)
I love this post, sis, and I completely agree! PROUD daughter of an Army Veteran right here :)
Post a Comment