Sunday, November 7, 2010

Feinga Family 2010

We haven't had a formal family picture done since Mr. Toa was born.
I always said we would get them done as soon as I dropped X amount of pounds.
Well that X amount didn't happen, and God knows Toa will be five before I get to my ideal weight.
That's another post entirely.

asked my friend Christy if she had any referrals for great photographers around South Florida, because everyone I had looked into were outrageously priced. It would've cost over a thousand dollars to get pictures done with hardly any prints. Um, no thanks!
I was referred to Heidi who was in a neighboring ward and her packages were ideal and her work was great. When I asked for a session, she was completely booked for the year. {insert sad face}
She then emailed me that she could squeeze us in.....in three days. I was happy but then got anxious because 1. I was nowhere near my ideal weight
2. What the heck were we going to wear?

Being that we live on a large peninsula surrounded by beaches and the ocean, I wanted beach pictures done. Ray had suggested all white clothing, but we decided to mix some color in it and coordinate rather than blobbing ourselves together. Can I tell you how difficult it is to find white beach clothes.
I swear, it seems like when I have a vision of something, I can never make it happen or find the things I need to make it happen. However online shopping came to the rescue and three packages overnighted later we had our clothes. I ran to the mall the day before our pictures and found clothes for all us in two hours. Wow, pretty proud of myself.

So, the day of pictures, I thought I'd wave my hair.. um, having pin straight hair like myself isn't the easiest task to give it body. The eighty percent humidity doesn't help the situation either.
Oh, and did I mention that this day was a record high of 90 degrees too? As soon as we walked outside we started sweating... good hell. Thank goodness the ocean breeze cooled us down and it ended up being perfect.

I LOVE all the pictures.. especially those of my two handsome fellas. Toa is Ray's mini-me. He just has my eyes. I couldn't believe what a gem Toa was with a 15 minute nap that day.. I thought he was going to be a little demon and not cooperate. How foolish of me to under estimate my happy boy... Oh I love him. Heidi was so great and had pictures to us that night for viewing and our disc of pictures within two days. She also made a DVD with music of our choice and live footage of us playing with Toa on the beach that I just love too.

Here's a few of my favorites.. thanks again Heidi!!














I

11 comments:

Ku'uipo said...

I love them and he is such a handsom, handsom boy!

Tala Motuliki said...

soooo cute!!!! I've been debating if i should get ours done or do them myself to save money. but this reassures me that we need to GET THEM DONE by a pro! LOL they are sooo cute!

Tela said...

Love the family pics Kassie, they turned out awesome! You're family is just beautiful.

IONGI FAMILY said...

great pictures!! what a beautiful family you have Kassie =)

letafauolo said...

i love them Kass... and shut up you look great!! =)

sarah said...

They turned out great! And you look beautiful sis :) I can't wait to do our family pics, just waiting on Fa'atui to be a bit older! Love you, Feingas!

AneT said...

Beeeeaaauutiful pictures family!!!Toa looks so adorable and happy!love u guys:)

Rachey-Foo said...

i LOVE them!!! all of them. it's so totally worth it to have family pics done professionally when you SEE your love staring back at you! awwww, so sweet! :)

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Love your family pix.....I've told you a million times, and I'll tell you again.....you've got yourself the cutest little boy there.....baby Toa is so handsome!

Hayward Family said...

Your son's smile is SO CONTAGIOUS!! I couldn't help NOT smile when I saw the pics of him smiling!! He is SO CUTE!! VERY CUTE family pics! You look ADORABLE!! P.S. I haven't blogged since April, so I have a LOT of catching up to do on your site! You are the blogging QUEEN!!! Good job! :)

Tali said...

So beautiful! Your son is so handsome, what a gorgeous mix.