I love photography and have always wanted to try it.
However, it seems as if everyone is doing photography now and I've been a little intimidated by the whole thought of it. I've been intimidated by the stories I've heard from other aspiring photographers who've felt the harshness and sneering from other photographers. It's a competitive business.
I've been blabbering about this for quite a while now and my sweet Ray told me to just do it! Not only did he tell me to go for it, he bought me an amazing suprise as well...
A Nikon D90
Tripod
Shutter release remote
Battery Grip
4 batteries
Bag
How awesome is he? Either really awesome, or tired of hearing me.
I know there's a learning curve and I'm not trying to be some big time professional. However, I do want to be able to take awesome pictures of my family growing and also of my extended family and friends for fun. I also want to be able to take great pictures of parties that we plan and family gatherings. Who knows what else will develop out of it, but I'm really excited!
I am taking a workshop next week and also meeting with the girl who took our family pictures, she is going to help me. Also, Seini has been more than gracious with questions and the willingness to help me when I get to Utah.
Here's to future endeavors.. thank you hubby for supporting me and my hobbies and pushing me always to go for things and just do it! :)

11 comments:
love it kassie.... I got my camera for the same reson too...just for fun... pics of family and friends and fun events! Its such a good investment... excited to see some more cute pics of you guys!
Awww...that's awesome of Moni. I think you'll be great at it. Can't wait to see more pics...and when I get to my "ideal" weight, maybe we can be one of your many clients. :) Cheers to doing things that you love!
What a sweet husband you have! Good luck with your endeavor!
Go girl!!! I hope to get a nice camera too because I would take pictures for those same exact reason!! Best wishes!!!
Kass that is AweSome I think you will do amazing Job at it.... just don't stress and let you Eye be your guide there is No right or Wrong to watch type of image you capture... It is the reason behind the shot and you will see the end result in the picture... I am excited to see your Work... Yes our husbands our amazing to push us to follow our dreams and supports us in our little adventures that can turn into something we never knew could exsit....If you have any questions at all feel free to throw it at me...Yes Photography is very very competion but if you let it ... Don't worry about other photographers that have been doing it for the longest time... Cause you know sweetie they get old and pretty much all there images look the same...Unless of course you do go to workshops and learn new skill... Once the passion and desirer is gone and your doing it for money.... Yikes that is when you loose it all... Take Care Sweetie Enjoy your Surprise HAVE FUN....
I cannot wait to get mine!!! And by then, you'll be the stud and can teach me!! :) What a good hubby you have!! Miss you!!!
When you come to Utah you can take our family pix:)
your hubby is so sweet and SO supportive. i love it. you will be great! and it's kinda fun to just start a "hobby" and do it just for you. and no one else. enjoy! :) can't wait to see your work. cuz i know Toa is going to be the BEST MODEL!!! hehe. ;)
That's awesome Kass! I LOVE my camera and always have it with me.....it's so true that pictures say a thousand words! You're so talented and creative....you'll be a great photographer!! Like Tela said, maybe when I lose weight, I can be a client....hahaha <3 ya!
You'll love it Kassie!! I love it. You will be great!!!
That's awesome Kass! Follow your dreams! Who cares if everybody else is doing it. You'll be great at it if it's something you are passionate about!
Post a Comment