Saturday, a bunch of friends got together at Paul and Tasha's to watch the fight.
Toa had fallen asleep in my arms, next thing you know he just stopped breathing.
He started gasping for air and then started crying so hard.
That wasn't the end of it.
In the middle of crying, he suddenly stopped crying.
His little body went limp.
Completely lifeless.
His eyes rolled back in his head and he wasn't breathing
AGAIN
I tried staying calm as possible.
Even typing about it makes me choke up.
Those of you who are Mother's,
You can relate how terrifying it is to see something is wrong with your sweet little babe.
His breathing finally kicked back in after maybe 10 seconds.
Those seconds seemed like minutes
He became alert
Found his Momma with those big brown eyes full of crocodile tears
He was pretty lethargic afterwards
My adrenalin was pumping
My heart was racing
My stomach was turning
My eyes were weeping
Along with everyone else
I've never seen so many grown men scared.
This little man has half the Miami Dolphins defensive line wrapped around his finger and all of his new "uncles" were a little shook up.
When Toa was first born and for the first few months,
he would have these little breathing spells and hold his breath.
Freaked me out.
Dr. Wall assured me that he would be ok
The breathing spells stopped when he was about 4 months.
*SIGH*
Or so I thought.
I don't think we slept a wink that night.
He's doing just fine, but boy did he give us quite the scare
He'll be having some tests done to make sure it isn't anything too serious
Now Mommy just needs to BREATHE
19 comments:
That is terrible! I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that! Our prayers are with you!!
I'm sorry Kass... I'm so sorry you had that little scare. I've had my moments, not that drastic but I know the feeling. :( No bueno. Hope baby Toa stays healthy! Love you guys so much!! You guys are in our prayers! Muuuaaahhh to baby Toa!!
Xoxo...
Aw Kassie I can so relate! My son had those spells till he was 5. God bless Baby Toa! He's a fighter like his parents! Alofa tele!
OMG...So scary sorry sis you guys are in our prayers! Luv ya!
Kass how scary for you!! I didnt have a kid like that but I did babysit my nephew one night who did that and it totally traumatized me!! 911... HELP!!! So glad he's better. Be careful... love you!
Thats so terrible. I dont know what I would do. But I am like you and I would panic inside and try to keep calm on the outside. I am glad that baby Toa is doing fine now. I couldn't imagine going through that or watching a baby who is going through that. I am glad you guys and half of the Miami Dolphins were there to suport you and Ray!
XOXOXOXO...
Oh that is my worst fear! I can't believe you stayed calm..I don't think I could, I would be screaming and crying. I'm so happy he and you and ray and the football team can breathe now! :) love you guys
so glad he is ok! I couldn't even imagine what I'd do!!! give him aa hugggie for us
Hey sis!! OMH!! I teared up just reading that!! I hope he's doing better. Love you and kiss my handsome nephew for me. I'm so glad he's doing much better. Love you
ahhh..that story brought tears to my eye's, I can NOT even imagine!! I'm so glad he is ok. He is SO adorable! I'm so jealous you're in Florida, I'm so tired of the cold weather. But I'm so happy for you guys that Ray is doing what he loves!
Oh my gosh, that scared me just reading it. It's good to know he's okay. Wow I couldn't even imagine. I pray his test go well. Take care
Kassie, that same thing happened with my oldest Jaz while still in the hospital with her. After the incident they kept her for a period of time, closely monitoring her, they determined that because she was drinking a bottle at the time that she confused her breathing with her sucking and that is why she stopped breathing. I was very careful with her especially while she drank a bottle. As she grew older I remember times when she would be watching TV or concentrating on doing something and the next thing I know she is gasping for air taking in big, deep breaths. Even as she got older she did it and didn't even realize it until she was gasping for air. Don't forget to get him a blessing and give him a big hug from me. Poor baby and mama and daddy and Dolphin team! hahaha!
I am so sorry to hear that. Keo did that when he was only 3 weeks old and 4lbs. He was tiny and did the same scenario. 911 came and he went to primary's and they found that after 3 days he had reflux and his vocal cords spasmed due to the acid. Scary, I will never ever forget his face and his fear. I am so sorry. I hope his docs are guided and can give you comfort. Please keep us posted we are praying for you.
My poor baby nephew. I remember when he was just a little baby and he did that to me. So scary. So sad. I'm sure he will be ok. I agree, get him a blessing.
HOw scary OMG your alot stronger then me I prob would have freaked and scared my baby even more. So sorry you had to go through that it's so scary love you Kass
I can't even imagine what you were going through. :( Our prayers are with you and your lil man.
How scary! Definitely follow up. Just reading your post had my adrenaline running. Hope everything is okay. Loves to your little one!
Oh my goodness, how scary! I'm glad he's okay!
Poor Toa! I hope he is doing a ton better and that the Dr.'s have reassured you guys with an explanation for it. Hugs and kisses for baby Toa! Much love you guys!
Post a Comment