Monday, March 8, 2010

Gladys Knight and Saints of Unified Voices Fireside

A favorite entertainer of mine.
She's brilliant when it comes to music. She's truthful in the words she speaks. She's dedicated to the work she does. I admire her in many ways.... Mrs. Gladys Knight.

We had the opportunity to attend her musical fireside at the LDS Stake Center in Orlando. Cousin Rosie sings with her choir and was sweet enough to get us tickets to witness a very spiritual message through music.

Hundreds gathered to hear these voices sing so angelically. It was uplifting and wonderful and I am so thankful that we had the chance to go. Thanks sister Rosie....

I want to meet Gladys so badly. I knew it would be impossible though, so just to see her in person was good enough for me.

As we were waiting for the program to begin, an usher approached us and said for us to back up a little because the choir would be walking out through our aisle... last to enter the room was Mrs. Knight and her hubby. She was standing right in front of me. :) I could smell her perfume! She stood there for a moment and waved to the crowd before walking down and was looking at us and saw baby Toa and came over and grabbed his legs and tickled him!!

Do I sound starstruck?

Cause I was.....

Too bad cameras weren't allowed in the showing because I totally would have taken the self portrait of us...

After, we met up with Rosie and I asked her to take Toa's shoe with her to Gladys and ask if she would sign it for me... it's not everyday your baby gets tickled by Gladys Knight!!

If you ever have the chance to see this, I highly recommend it.

Rosie, Sophie and me


We got to see Tema too :)

5 comments:

Ku'uipo said...

So did she sign his shoe? That would be nice.

Sinai said...

That's pretty cool! I want to see her perform one day.

IONGI FAMILY said...

Lucky!!! how fun!!!

Morena said...

Gosh I sooo want to attend one of her firesides...by the way Kassie you look good (but then again you always do) keep it up chica!!

Ane said...

Love Gladys Knight! That's sweet that she came over to your baby! I love their choir too! I hope they will be back in SLC soon! :)