Sunday, January 17, 2010

Family trip... Day ONE

**I needed to create a blurb for each day of our trip. That way I can pontificate everything without birthing the longest blog in blog history!**

We arrived late last night. We stayed at the timeshare Orange Lake Resort. It's beautiful and all 14 of us were on big happy family under one roof for the week.

Magic Kingdom was our first stop.


I love the aroma of this place. If I could make "happy" a scent, it would smell like Disneyworld. Caramel apples, popcorn, cotton candy and ice cream. This is the only place where it's OKAY to wear Mickey Mouse attire and goofy hats and buttons when you're over the age of 10 too.. I love how everyone employed by Mr. Walt is constantly in character, it's by far the HAPPIEST place on Earth! I thought Disneyland was cool until I walked around the corner of the entrance and saw Cinderella's castle. It's giagantuous.


We were all in awe and my nieces were all in heaven! My sweet Toa had so much fun! He is so good to travel with and was a little trooper.He would go go go go go and laugh and play and go some more. Kamie and I agreed that him and Elway are such great little goers because we've been dragging them around with us since day 1, and anyone who knows me, knows I'm on the go 24-7 and doesn't like to sit around.

That's one thing I LOVE about my family, it we're all great travelers. I know we got it from our parents.. they're constantly doing something. NO REST on vacation. We're up at 7am and in bed at 1am.. Not once did I hear anyone complain about being tired. We all love to make the most out of each moment....





























We then went to one of the resorts after running around all day and ate at Chef Mickey's. We made reservations a few months ago because it sells out fast..it's nice to be able to have all the characters come around to your table and meet your family. Toa was loving all of them and would just laugh and smile. Not having to chase down all the characters at the park made it oh-so-practical as well.....






What an awesome day to start our week out.....

3 comments:

pwincessdi said...

OMG Kassie
Your trip looks soo soo fun, that I can't wait to take my family. WOW Cinderella's castle is ummm yeah HUUUUGE! Lucky you and your family got a break from this COLD weather. I love all the pics of Toa smiling at all the characters, he's sooo flippin cute!

Sinai said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I haven't been to Disney World and can't wait to one day take my family!!!! Toa is such a cutie!

Ku'uipo said...

I loved that Toa loved Mickey and friends sooooo much! Such a fun trip with everyone!