For posterity sake, I am writing this blog.
Toa and I flew out here to Miami yesterday. I've traveled a lot, and have always seen that "mother flying solo with her children" and often pittied the poor brave woman! The ones who fly with more than one child I now respect even more besides the fact that they birthed more than one.
Toa and I have flown before, however, it was an hour and a half flight is all. THIS time, we were taking on a 5 hour direct flight. Should be interesting right? My Toa is a Godsend baby! I've posted before just how wonderful and how great of a baby he is. No fussing, no crying, nada! I thought, "this is going to be CAKE, he's going to be his happy little self and grin and giggle the entire way to Florida"
JOKE IS ON ME
The first hour and a half was bliss. Everyone was ooooing and awwwing at how GREAT he was and how cute and happy!
By hour 3, 4 and 5 I had no clue who this baby was. It was like Rosemary's demon baby! Can I just say I wanted to rip the hair on my head out that hadn't already been ripped out by Toa?? To sum it all up, when Ray picked us up, I walked off the plane crying, holding a sleeping baby, both of us covered in baby squash, poop, and throw up. My hair was a rat's nest and I had scratches on my face! My eye makeup had run down my face from 2 things; the plane was 200 degrees and I was sweating like crazy and second, Toa kept gauging my eyes with his hands.
Ray's first words were "Did you two get into a fight?"
I'm exhausted thinking of it.
Oh Lord must've blessed me with patience those 5 LONG hours, along with the passengers surrounding us. You wouldn't think a 5 month old could scream at that noise decibal. Again, jokes on me!
There WERE a few moments in silence, they were when he had a bottle stuck in his mouth or when he would play for a little bit by kicking the poor woman's chair in front of me or hitting the kid next to me or banging his head on the window then screaming bloody murder. He also kept himself occupied by throwing my phone at the man behind me and seeing how far he could projectile vomit. He was also quiet while he was "filling" his pants so quickly that it oozed out all over me.
The fact that I wanted to get up and kick the flight attendants ass for being the biggest b*!#$ ever was another added perk. I asked her for water for Toa's bottle, well actually I yelled it to her over Toa's screaming. She made me wait until she got to my aisle during the drink service. I was like, yo lady, I promise you, no one will care if you give me the freakin' water first. Then she gets to my aisle and asks with a stupid smirk on her face if I needed anything for the baby?? I felt like telling her yeah he wants to scratch your eyes out while I put my foot up your ass!
While she was getting everyone elses drinks before me, she kept looking at me like "shut your kid up" OMG, it's pissing me off just thinking about how retarded that crew was.
I am that woman I once pittied! I felt so bad for him because no matter what I tried, it didn't help! I know his ears were bugging him too because he kept hitting the sides of his head and pulling his ears! :( I felt so helpless... Please people, be patient with traveling Mother's. My poor Toa, he was overly exhausted, overly hungry and didn't feel well. NOT a good combination. I'm happy he's back to his oh little chipper self!
Happy travels :)
8 comments:
Awwww reading your post reminds me so much of traveling with my older two back and forth from Texas. I feel you -- been there done that. One day you'll look back and laugh it off, but I know what you mean about the stares and all. Have fun in Florida!
That's terrible! Poor thing! Who did you fly with? I would totally call and complain, at jetBlue we used to give vouchers for that kind of thing all the time...
OMG U POOR THING ANNOYING FLIGHT ATTENDANT I WOULD HAVE TOLD HER OFF FOR SURE!!!KIDS ARE SO UNPREDICTABLE FOR SURE!! MAY UR FLIGHT BACK BE BETTER
I felt so bad for my son, I laugh now reading it again, and I wrote this to be funny! Poor Toa.. Hoi, I have to do this flight 3 more times in 3 weeks! Haha.. Yea, stupid flight attendant, I realized after that I was a paying passenger and should have told her off, so used to having flight bennies and just shutting my mouth! Dang it! Haha let's hope Toa has a better flight next time.. I don't mind his crying and hitting, haha its other ignorant people who get mad at babies :(
Kass, I'm SO sorry about your crazy flight. you know I see mommas and kids all day. and yes, people can be so unkind. i hate when they try to complain to me about the "crying baby". and I'm like seriously?? he's a baby! ughhh, I do everything I can to help moms out cuz I know how much I loooooove my babies. there's nothing youcan do BUT laugh at it now. it's a learning experience and just think, you'll be that much more prepared for your next flight. ;) thanks for sharing, sweetie. i TOTALLY get it. LOL!!
Oh my goodness....I had one of those horrific experiences with my little Filimone... he was a little short of 1 year old and he was fussy and crying the whole time. I was embarrased, and crying and kept apologizing to everyone around me...and the flight attendant actually let me use her galley to stand up and fua him for a good hour. I was so dramatized by that experience....but still gotta fly!! hahaha.... glad you guys made it there safely! Hope you have a wonderful holiday out there in the warm weather! Love ya!
I've never experienced it that bad, maybe cause I drug my kids up b4 each flight, so they're either really somber, or knocked out!! Foreal next time get up with the baby and take the water right outta her cart so she knows you mean RIGHT RIGHT NOW!!! hahaha
Oh my gosh sis!! Poor thing!! I am so proud of you not putting your foot up that ladies ass!!! I haven't had to fly with my bebez and gosh Im so scared to just because of that!! Glad you made it safely and you guys are ok. Kiss baby Toa for me ok. Love you
Post a Comment