Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cookie Monster

This past weekend my dear childhood friend Lelu and her sisters hosted the 3rd annual cookie exchange party! KHS finest.. Aiona, Lelu and me!

Make 20 dozen, yes TWENTY dozen of your favorite cookie to share!




I chose my mom's famous Snow Cookie! My mom has been making this cookie for years. We only make it during Christmas time, and I think that's another reason this cookie is special. We look forward to the certain foods that come with the holiday's! They're just not as good any other time of the year....



I did my test batch Friday and took them to our favorite teacher; Mr. Lesuma! We've been taking him snow cookies since Ku'uipo was in the 7th grade.... All 3 of us girls have had Mr. Lesuma as a teacher and now he is the Vice Principal at the one and only Kearns High School! Mr. Lesuma is actually the one who named the cookies "Snow Cookies". We love him, and he has become a part of our family over the years.....

So, I made all of my dough Friday and let it sit overnight (as the recipe calls) and when I started making them Saturday morning, the first batch turned out WRONG!! I was so upset.... I didn't have time make new dough and let it sit.... well, when I got to the other 5 batches, the dough was just fine.. *PHEW*



The party was so fun! There was about 25 ladies there. Kamie joined me and brought her "Prophet Cookie". Her friend Lauren's mom makes these chocolate chip cookies. Her mom made them for the open house at the Draper Temple and I guess President Monson was asking for the cookies, so they tracked down Lauren's mom and she made him some more cookies and sent them back to his home in a "magic" cookie jar. The note on the jar said "This is a magic cookie jar and when you run out of cookies just send it back with (their neighbor who works for Presidnet Monson) and the cookie jar will be filled" President Monson has sent the jar back twice so far! :)


We laughed and laughed and played a few games. Lelu made the best soup with bread bowls, and then we did the cookie exchange and ended up with 6 cookies of each type of cookie. We just had a great "girls night out"... Can't wait till next year....



Betsy and her 'plate' of cookies :)





5 comments:

F@y said...

Oh I love it!!!! 20 dozen? Wow Thats alot of cookies! K I want some cookies now!

MARCIA said...

Wow 20 dozen..crazy! Just look at it as a work out before your party! Cool tradition!

pwincessdi said...

mmmm yummy!! Next year I'm coming!! :)

Rachey-Foo said...

what a FUN tradition!! :)

Sinai said...

Fun! Wish I came!!! Heard from Silia about it! Next year for sure!