Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Bug!!

If there's one thing my sister Ku'uipo knows how to do well, it's throwing birthday parties!
Today my eldest niece Kalena turned 8. She is a special little girl.. she's the oldest grandchild of our family and was the ONLY grandchild for almost 3 years.. Talk about SPOILED!!! I've called her "Bug" since she was born....she is beautiful, kind, obedient, talented, kind hearted, and a wonderful older sister and cousin! Tonight we celebrated her birthday with a Pajama Party! I've decided this is the best kind of party to get ready for... so comfortable. I've also decided that I am going to start taking my nieces and nephews on "adventures" for a day as their birthday gifts. To me I'd rather give them an experience that they can remember and have a special day with just Auntie Kassie, Uncle Ray and Baby Toa....So, tomorrow we are going to have our fun day with her! We can't wait.. here's the letter she opened from us...

Ku'uipo also makes all her girls' birthday cakes.. a tradition I'm going to have to conquer starting next June... The one tonight was awesome! Good job sister.....


The kids had tons of fun.. they made "Bed Bugs" to put next to them when they sleep so they can have good dreams...
They played PARTY (instead of BINGO) And they played "mingle mingle" This game is so much fun and seems like it's starting to become a family party tradition. For those of you who don't know how to play this game, you have music playing and then when the music stops the host yells "mingle mingle" and says a number. For example "mingle mingle 3", then everyone scurries to find groups of 3 (or the called number) and the remaining people not in the correct group amount is out! It is so much fun and it's even more fun watching little kids play it....
Here's the goodie bags they each received as well!



We always have fun with my family....Also, great job on the party as always Ipo! I hope I can be as cool as you once I start throwing birthday parties!!! Kalena was spoiled some more today and I don't think Santa will have to come see her next month :) We love you Bug

I love when they all make silly faces!
Love all his hair! :) So did the balloon...
Kam, Momma and Toa

Kalena and some of her friends

The 2 Ku'uipo's
My heart and heartbeat!

Daddy, Kam and Elway
I have no idea what we were doing
Elway and Toa.. TWIIIIINS!


6 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

That cake was awesome! I've always wanted to make my own birthday cakes, but never have actually done it. You have such a creative family...with all your home-made goodies....I just love reading your posts! I like the idea of a fun day w/ Auntie Kassie...materialistic things go away, but the memories you make with her will last forever! What a lucky little neice!

Anonymous said...

How fun! :) Such a lucky little girl to be able to grow up in such a beautiful family! :) Mingle,Mingle sounds like ae great game... lol.. we'll have to begin playing that at our family functions! :) Happy birthday sweet girl, hope you have a great "adventure" today! :)

Sinai said...

I've seen some of her other cakes and she does a great job! What a fun birthday! I also like your gift -- the little adventures!!! Fun, fun and great ideas I'm gonna have to steal!!!! Really like the pajama party theme!!!!

pwincessdi said...

that is one of thee most cutest b'day parties I've ever seen!! Your sister is super talented..that cake was awesome!! I loved Toa and Elways matching PJ's soo cute :) Your family is so sweet, I love the lil card you gave your neicey :)

Anonymous said...

Your sister is so talented loved the pictures! What a small world I'm second cousins with Ray and second Cousins with Myron as well didn't even know that. Myron's grandma on his dad's side is my grandmas sister how neat... Well I love your ideas! You have a Beautiful family!

Rachey-Foo said...

such a cute party!!! i'm a HUGE birthday fan! i looooove birthday parties. :) i'm already starting to plan Allie's 2nd birthday in January. haha!! i will have to try and make a cake. i'm not talented like Ipo but I can sure try!! ;) hehe. ugly or not, it's still cake, right? haha!! and I LOVE the twiiiiins pic! they are adorable!!!! you're an awesome mommy and aunty, Kass!