Friday, November 27, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Thanksgiving seems to always get passed up a lot of the time. It somehow seems to go from ghosts and goblins to Christmas trees and pinecones. I love this day, not only because of the food, but the entire history behind this day.

Since birth, we had always gone to my Grandma Kings house to spend with my Mom's side of the family. About 11 years ago my Grandma got really sick and it just got too hard for her to put on such a production and my Mom being the Martha Stewart she is, just kind of took over from there and now every gathers at my parents home.
Wednesday night I helped my Mom make all the pies and get everything ready for the stuffing. The smell of pumpkin pie baking is soooo comforting. It was nice to just sit and chat with her.

We joined our Feinga family around 2 for our first round. It was so yummy, I had to control myself though because we were eating at 4 with my family and I didn't want to be too full :)




We joined my family and my Daddy said a few words before we ate and bowed our heads in prayer.... My Dad has the most contagious cry ever and the whole room was in tears. We enjoyed round 2 and then everyone just kind of sat there with full bellies and full hearts! It's funny though, because I don't even like turkey, or yams. Believe me though, I ate everything else and tons of it!! The dining table was beautiful. My Mom always busts out the nice china for Thanksgiving. I love setting the table... it's always fun!







Mom, you amaze me at everything you're able to do! Thank you for holding this family together and for working so hard. It was so delicious and I hope I can one day throw down an entire Thanksgiving like you do! :)

1 comment:

Ku'uipo said...

Love it and loved the food. Dad's cry is contagious, but I love it too!