Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ahoy Matey


We took Kalena on her "birthday gift" adventure today. I picked her up around 11:30 and we made our way down to Pirate Island! Today it was whatever Kalena wanted. Games, prizes, gift shop... you name it. We had so much fun with her. I love my little Kalena, she is getting so big and is just our little sweetheart!! The inside of part of the restaurant
The lobby

One with Uncle and ToaOne of the party rooms.. my favorite!
My personal review for PI, the food SUCKS... maybe the pizza's are better, but I know good food, and this place did not serve it. It reminds me of the Mayan, how you pay more for the atmosphere and experience. Not the food. On Wednesday mornings they do story time and Wednesday nights Karaoke night. Thursday nights they have a live band.

Pirate Toa
Our little eating cave

I think she was afraid to stand by this pirate.. she was a little hesitant

She has a pretty good aim! I think her Daddy's been teaching her how to fight off the boys!
Pirate ship play area

Ahooooy Kalena
Leaving the restaurant, she threw a coin at the pirates cup and made a wish!

After, we took a little trip down to The Sweet Tooth Fairy to get some cupcakes. My friend Nat told me about this evil place.. Evil it is!! 12 cupcakes and $28 later we were on our way..... They seriously are scrumdiddlyumptious! The taste is unexplainable, the coconut taste like real coconut, the caramel apple tasted like caramel apples (with chucks of shredded apple in it), the snozzberries taste like snozzberries! Joking, there were no snozzberries, however these little concotions of pure sugar bliss were just heavenly..... I didn't dare try the cookies! I wish I knew about this place when I got my wedding cake. Thank goodness it is 45 miles away from me-

We got: cookies n' creme, strawberry shortcake, caramel apple, toasted coconut, vanilla creme, double chocolate fudge, and peanut butter and chocolate.
Thank you Kalena for spending the day with us... We love you very very much Bug!

7 comments:

Sinai said...

That place looks cool. It's funny you mention The Mayan 'cause I think the same thing of that place. Pirate's Island does look cool. Oh and that bakery? Looks yummy!

Hope you guys had fun!!! You're such a good aunt!

Rossanne said...

Is that pirate place in Utah? I have never heard of it. Those cupcakes look so good. Yummy I would down them in no time.

MARCIA said...

You are such a cute aunt. That is a good idea. Looks like fun and Kelena is so beautiful. The cupcakes OMG looked sooooo good, not to mention your description made me want them right now!! lol

pwincessdi said...

awww you are such a sweet aunty!!! I've never even heard of this place. It looks like a lotta fun! I'll have to try it out for my kids b'days next year :) Thanks for the tip on the food...although I'm not much of a cupcake fan, I just like to cupcake, not eat one! hahahah jk!! :P

Rachey-Foo said...

all the kids in our ward go there! when our girls are old enough, we'll have to check it out. it looks super cool! and thanks for the tip about the food. i'll be sure to get the pizza...LOL

Ku'uipo said...

She had a fantastic time! Thanks for making her birthday special! Love ya.

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

You are such an awesome auntie Kass.... I totally love the idea of spending the day (quality time) with her instead of just buying a birthday gift...I'm sure she'll remember this forever! You're awesome!