Saturday, May 26, 2012

Love Notes

My Mom has come out twice now to see us. Once, because she had a few days off, and she missed her babies, and the second when Moni was in the hospital and my birthday. She really is amazing. I love having my Mom here. It just brings a certain kind of comfort that only a Mom can bring around. It's home. I love that we can sit up and talk for hours and hours and watch Vampire Diaries together. She is my best friend. She is so helpful and can run circles around me. I don't know what I would do without my Mom. I miss her so much and when she is around Toa is a whole different child. It takes a few days for him to not have separation anxiety when my Mom leaves though.. I think she has that effect on all of us. :)

Well, this last time she left, she left really early in the morning. When I came home, I went back to sleep with the boys. I was tired. I always cry when she leaves.....

When we woke up, I was getting the boys breakfast ready and opened the utensil drawer and found this:

I immediately started crying again.... I missed her so much at that moment. 
My parents always leave little love notes telling us to have a good day. When I stayed at my parents house when I had the twins, my Dad would always leave a note for us, saying how much he loved us and have a good day and to kiss his Sodapop and his Twinkies. My Mom would always add a little something on the bottom as well.. I don't remember a day at my parents home we didn't get a note of some kind. :) 

Well, later that day I got the boys bathed and while dressing Toa, I found this in his dresser.


And if that wasn't enough to make my day, when I was paying for some groceries, I found this in my wallet: I almost started crying at the store....

 The next day I found this in the FREEZER :) on Toa's ice cream treat...
 and then this one.... in Toa's dresser...


I wondered how many she left throughout the house.. and then I found this one a few days after she had left in the shoe rack of Toa's closet:

It was the sweetest most simplest thing... I hope my Mom knows how much that meant to me.. I kept all the notes and still have the one in my wallet... :) I am blessed with such an amazing woman as my Momma and I love her so very  much.....

Thanks Mom for coming down and spending time with us. For all your help and hard work and most of all, your unconditional love!! WE LOVE YOU....




2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

That is that sweetest thing. I think one of my most favorite things are those sentimental, simple, inexpensive....yet oh so meaningful gifts. A simple love note and quality time can be better than any gift that costs a lot of money. Your mom is so sweet. What an awesome mom/gramma!

Line said...

So tender! I need to remember this for when my kids are older :)