Wednesday, November 30, 2011

And then there were THREE........


It's been 12 days since I had the twins.
It was quite the experience and has been since. I am constantly learning and adjusting to make things easier for everyone, but so far the transition has been fairly easy.

November 18th, Ray and I went to the hospital around 2:30pm and got checked in..
They hooked up the monitors and took blood and started my IVs. Around 4pm they took me back to the OR and I got ready for the c-section. I was so nervous. I didn't know what to expect, but I was so happy that Ray was right there with me holding my hand. Once the anesthesiologist numbed me, I was doing good until the drugs hit my diaphragm. It numbed it and I felt like I couldn't breathe and I was suffocating.. I HATED that feeling. I started tugging at my gown and panicked a little bit, but after a few minutes my body relaxed and I was fine.

I could kind of see what was going on in the reflection of the light fixture above me, and I just remember seeing a big gash of red. It felt so weird. Baby Ray came out first and when the doctor showed him to me over the drape, I just started crying. Ray was already crying and then the baby started crying. 4 minutes later, baby Moni started crying and they showed him to me as well. They both had heads of hair and were screaming so loud. It sounded like a bunch of little birds and boy do they have some lungs on them. Just like Toa did. 

I was so happy and relieved. Ray was over with the babies getting everything checked out etc and Brittany (my sweet friend) was actually in the room with me doing our birth story. We were all just crying. 

Ray Afo Feinga
Born: November 18th 2011
4:52pm
6lbs 15oz and 19 inches long


Moni Lee Feinga
Born: November 18th 2011
4:56pm
7lbs 5oz and 19 inches long

I gave Ray my maiden name for his middle name and Moni I gave Lee. Lee is my Mom's middle name and I just really liked the way it sounded.. I love that they are both named after their Daddy.. although I was kind of against it in the beginning, I really love it and their names are perfect for them. 

Ray stayed the first night with me. I was so drugged out and out of it... Saturday night he hung out with Toa all day and they had their 'date' day. We decided for Ray to be home with Toa that night and stay home with him which was so great for the both of them. They really do miss each other.  Then Ray had to leave back to Miami on Sunday the 20th, and that was really hard. I was still in the hospital and he came over that morning and held each baby for an hour and we cried the whole time and then had to be at the airport by 10am. 

He called me after he left that he had gotten pulled over when he left the hospital, and the cop must've felt bad for him because he let him off with a warning. He said he was crying still from when he left and the cop saw his hospital bands and asked if he had just had a baby. He told the cop he had just had twins and he had to go back to Florida for work and that's why he was sad. lol. The cop just told him to have a nice day and let him go. SLOW DOWN RAY RAY!!!

I was released on Tuesday the 22nd. My Mom came and picked us up and we went and got settled in. My pain had subsided a lot, but I still felt like I had been hit by a truck. 

Toa has been adjusting so great. He is such a big helper and he just seems like such a big boy now :( 
He loves his babies and loves holding and kissing them. They are such good babies. I am very very lucky! They are up every 2-2.5 hours for feedings and then they're right back to sleep. They are on the same schedule so it's nice, I'm not too tired.. yet. They are just so amazing.. I love watching the way they interact with each other. Last week Kuuipo was helping me take their newborn pictures and Ray was crying because Kuuipo had taken off a bandaid on his leg and it was pulling the hairs on his leg. I was holding Moni who was sleeping and Moni woke up crying so bad like he knew his brother was in pain. We bundled them up together and they immediately went head to head and sucked each others hands and stopped crying and fell asleep.. It really was magical. Also, no matter how far apart I put them in their crib (which isn't far) they always somehow wiggle themselves together and are head to head sitting just like they did in my stomach. 

I am in love. I feel so lucky. I miss my Husband more than anything and I know these next 5 weeks will fly by though. It's him I feel bad for because he just wants to be with his family.. He's been begging me to try and come out for Christmas.. We will see. He also knows that dragging newborns out in this weather across the country isn't the greatest idea either... hopefully this is the last of the distance sacrifices we have to make as a family... 

Ray was able to come back on the 23rd since he didn't have to travel to the Dallas game for Thanksgiving, so he came home Wednesday and then left back Sunday since they had a few days off. It was SO nice to spend Thanksgiving together as a family. Time just went by way too fast. Sunday was another cry fest. I had cried the entire way to the airport and back and then cried most the day. These hormones are making me even a bigger cry baby.

I know this is a rambling post, but I kind of feel like that's my brain right now. I just wanted to document the birth and how things have been up to date. These 3 little boys are just amazing. I love them so so so much and am so happy they've been given to us to care for and nurture. 

WE LOVE YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!



6 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I so can't wait to meet your handsome little guys! I can't believe you had almost 15 pounds of baby in you...that's crazy! Hope you're taking it easy and healing well! You are so blessed, not only with such handsome boys, but with your mom and sisters to help you when your husband can't be here!

Mua said...

The twins are beautiful! I don't why but I love hearing wives say their husband cried at the birth of there babies (lol)! That is so sweet! You are such a strong mother/wife. I don't know how you do it! SUPERMOM :)

Dave and Rashelle said...

Congratulations again to you and Ray! All three of your boys are just precious! We are just thrilled for you. I hope you all can be together as a family again soon. That must be so hard on all of you. We miss you guys and think of you often! XOXO Dave and Rashelle

♥Carolynn said...

CONGRATULATIONS Feinga family! Your boys are so handsome. Hope your recovering well Kass!

Hazel said...

CONGRATS KASSIE AND RAY! WHAT CUTE KIDS YOU HAVE.

pwincessdi said...

awww soo cute! I love how they comfort one another, that's soo sweet! I'm glad they're on the same schedule that makes things nicer. I'm sorry Rays not here by your side, I'm sure it's tough. But like u said a lil bit of sacrifice will pay off in the end :) Hang in there mama. You're doing so great!!! Love ya