Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Great week.....

Where to start??

Toa and I flew out to see Ray who had been gone for 3 weeks at fall camp with the San Diego Chargers. It was a LOOONG 3 weeks and we definitely needed to get out to him. We decided to go out there for his last home pre-season game against the 49ers. I was a little nervous flying solo with the babe, but it was just fine. A few extra things to pack is all, but he was a little gem. He slept the entire flight. People are so willing to help a "single" traveling mom though.


Toa's first time on a plane

We hit up Junior Seau's restaurant. YUMMY!! He is one of our all time favorite football players! There was a live Island band that night and they were so good! It was nice to just drink pina coladas with my guys and listen to good music!





We had a great trip.. Ray had an OUTSTANDING game and I was so proud of him that I was in tears. He played his heart out and was able to play the entire 2nd half against his all time favorite team, the 49ers! The offense definitely used Ray during the game too. They were pulling him a ton for the run block and helped Gartrell Johnson (RB) get 85 rushing yards in 2 quarters. Ray was pancaking people left and right and didn't give up a single sack. I was truly cheering my lungs out. We had a great time at the game and Toa was watching his Daddy at work and was so well behaved. PHEW!!












Final rosters were made Saturday afternoon. I don't think we even slept. Anxiety and excitement took over. Even though Ray didn't make the final 53 that's ok! Coaches said some great things about him and were impressed that he played so well.. just after 3 weeks of learning the offense. They are hoping to bring him back soon, or him get picked up by another team. Regardless, we are so grateful for the experiences we have had so far and we are in high spirits knowing everything happens for some reason whether we understand it or not... Thank you to our family and friends who have been there for us with words of encouragement and support! We absolutely love you and won't forget this...


My parents were actually in SD for a luau for Saturday night up in Huntington Beach, so we tagged along with them!! It's always fun watching our family band/show play and perform. I love watching my Daddy do Elvis! I've seen it 500 times, but I still love hearing my Dad be silly and sing so beautifully. Ray stayed back and watched BYU win against OU! WOW, what a game.. we are sooo happy for the Cougars and that made Ray's day so much better... We definitely miss BYU football and our BYU football family!!



Sunday we went to Sea World! I love that place.. it was PACKED but we had fun. I can't wait to take Toa when he is older.....


Toa's ticket to Sea World




Love Shamu








Yay for Sea World




Biggest lobster ever




My sting RAYS.. haha










Food was great. I think, well, I KNOW I ate way more than I should have.. Mexican food in SoCal is the best. Jack-in-the-Box is evil :) It was a nice little mini-vacation for my little family. It was a blessing to have my parents down there as well too.. they were such a big help in getting things situated and helping with Toa.. We LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!!

It's good to be home. There's no place like it! Life can throw curve-balls but all you have to do is swing at 'em! I'm so proud of my Ray for all his efforts and his perseverance in accomplishing his dream. DON'T GIVE UP!!!! Nothing great comes easy right? I applaud my hubby for everything he's gone through and everything he continues to do. Especially with the public eye scrutinizing things.. I hope he knows what an example he is to me and I hope I am giving him the support he so deserves! The NFL is definitely NOT an easy business, but I know things will work out just fine and I know that Ray has the talent to have a long career. We just need to keep our faith and our spirits high..... We are so blessed!!
GO TEAM FEINGA!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO TEAM FEINGA! Girl, how fun this blog! :) You are a rockin mama..and I see where you get it from! ;) Thanks for posting, from the pictures, I wish I could've been there! lol.. :)

pwincessdi said...

that was such a great post. I was almost in tears reading it. It is a hard road to try really really hard to make a dream happen. But along those roads are road blocks and you're right we have to learn our way around it. I also believe that we were meant to be where we are at this time, this way, right now, even tho we don't want to be...patience is a virtue. I know with you by your hubbys side, he'll be able to withstand many road blocks!! Good luck, and it looks like ya'll had a wonderful time in San Diego...I miss living in Cali. I love Jack in the Box, and I miss all my mico neighbors and their tamales! Ur son is so cute, and getting bigger by the minute!! I'm glad you all had a great week!! :) Keep the positive vibes!!!!

Ku'uipo said...

I love the Yay for Sea World picture! I wish we could've went to Diego with you guys. We missed your faces and are proud of Ray. Glad you had fun listening to the muffled band...lol. Love you guys and things are always for the best, you just don't know until later!

Hayward Family said...

YAY for Sea World!! I LOVE IT! Baby Toa is just PRECIOUS!! I LOVE his hair!! YAY for Ray!! How exciting to play in even a few games!! I don't doubt he will get picked up! He's awesome!!

Taylor Tribe said...

I can't believe how much your little man is growing. He is so dang cute! Keep the faith girl!!! Take care:)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Feinga Family! Love your outlook Kass! You guys are such a cute family! Ray looked AWESOME! Congrats you guys, I'm sure we'll be seeing him soon! Baby Toa is the cutest! Love ya!

Brittany said...

i LOVE all your pictures! you look so great! and you sound really happy and positive, even though things have been a little unpredictable lately ;) i'm so jealous that you got to go to sea world... we used to go there all the time, and did you know that my dad's nickname in his family has always been Shamu cuz he always LOVED to be in the water (I'm certain it had nothing to do with his size... right)
anyway, i'll stop rambling now. you guys look fantastic and hopefully we'll see you soon!

Ane said...

Aww Kassie you are such a cute wife and mama! We have also had our trials, and we don't always know what is best for ourselves, HF is always looking for out for what's best for us. As mothers we do the same for our kids. Your faith and optimism will truly bless your family! ;)

Anonymous said...

Such a great post! Your such a great mommy/wifey! :) And I hecka love all the pictures from Seaworld! I can't wait til we can go back! Lol.. Just stay strong, and I'm sure everything will fall into place! :)

MARCIA said...

Yay for Seaworld, what an adorable picture. And yay for your husband and his hard work and dedication. You are such a good wife to support him with his dream and goals. I admire that in woman, because I'm kind of selfish. Honestly when my husband was going through his whole football thing, I so didn't support it at all. Now that I look back on it, I could've been rich...LOL See I told you I was a little selfish.
Anywayz, keep doing what you're doing and the Lord will bless you in all things. I love the saying, "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." Good luck to you and your cute lil familia!!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Love your post....and all the pictures of your handsome little guy....I just love reading your updates....and girl, you lookin' good!

Philip and Melissa said...

I can NOT believe your little man's hair!!! I LOVE it!

Rossanne said...

I love your pictures especially the game. Sea World looks like a blast. I cannot believe how big Toa is getting. Way cute.

BETS & VETS said...

good luck to you and your family, you've got a great attitude. btw your little guy is sooo cute- does he have blue eyes?

F@y said...

Kassie youre such a beautiful mommy! I enjoyed your post! Love ya!