Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is my Daddy's birthday! He is 51 years young today and is still as handsome as ever! Anyone who is close to my family or me knows I'm thee Daddy's Girl! My Dad is my twin and I always remember tagging along to the golf course with him, going with him to family functions and never wanting to leave his side. We are so much alike my Mom says that we definitely drive each other crazy at times. I absolutely cherish my Dad.... he is one of the most profound human beings I've been honored to have in my life...he is talented, funny, athletic, harworking, faithful, full of integrity, spontaneous, and loving! He never missed a volleyball game of mine, a speedskating race, or a bobsled run. No matter how far, he was there to cheer me on and give me a hug and a baggie with snacks and gatorade. My Dad has instilled the concept of hard work into each my sisters and me. He has always been supportive in our choices and I just love him to death! It's no suprise to anyone that we're naming our son, which will be the first grandson, after him! It's a name of strength: WARRIOR! That's exactly what my dad is to me. He is the BEST Poppy (grandpa, he thought he was too young for grandpa when Kalena was born, and Poppy is what he goes by LOL) EVERR and even a better Dad!

I wrote an essay for ESPN back in June for Father's Day and I'll post it later, but I just wanted to wish this special man, MY Dad a Happy Birthday and I hope he's having a great time at the golf course in the sun today! Thanks for everything Daddy.... we love you so much.

1 comment:

Super Star said...

Awww. This made me cry. We love your dad and we agree he is someone of strength and is definitely special.
2009 is looking to be an awesome year for everyone. Wish us luck on baby making & we're still excited for your growing little one.