Monday, September 22, 2008

My first WIVES CLUB activity!

BYU has something most college football teams don't have. A WIVES club! :) Many of the players, I think there's 39 this year, are married and some with children. That's HUGE!!! The "WIVES CLUB" was created for the wives to get together and do activities while the players were out of town, or just to help each other cope with the schedule and lives of college athletes. I think it's a great thing to have a support group and make new friends.
This year, Michelle Kaufusi is running the wives club. I missed the first kick-off party in August because of a volleyball tournament I was playing in, and I was pretty bummed. BUT, last Sunday, we all got together at the team meeting room and the famous painter Greg Olsen who does a lot of the artwork for the church came and shared some of his beautiful pieces and stories with us. It was a really really nice activity and I am so glad I went and was able to take my Mom with me. We picked up my dear friend Rashelle who is married to David Oswald #68. She has been just a sweetheart to me since last season and we just love those two. Ray and David had an academic fireside that they had to attend with the rest of the BYU athletes. The fireside with Greg Olsen was originally a couples fireside and I was sad that Ray had missed out. Greg Olsen is seriously one of the most talented people I have ever met and his paintings are masterpieces. Here are some of my favorites of his, and the stories to go along with them were just as special... I can't wait till our next get together, I will offically be a WIFE by then :)
Me, Greg Olsen and my beautiful Momma!
Rashelle and Greg Olsen..............

2 comments:

Dave and Rashelle said...

You are so sweet! Dave and I have really enjoyed getting to know you two better. I was so glad that we did that fireside. It was so cool and a great experience to hear Greg Olsen talk about his paintings. Welcome to the "wives club" :) LOL

Ane said...

Hey Kass! Love your blog!

Hope you are doing well! Take care!

love,

ane