Friday, September 5, 2008

C-C-C-O-U-G-G-G-A-R-S C-O-U-G-A-R-S Gooooooooooooooo Cougars!!!

Season started for Ray last Saturday against Northern Iowa! I can't believe season is already here again, it just seemed like we just finished the 2007 season.... I am so excited for Ray, it's his Senior year and he's worked so hard for so long.

I rode down to the stadium with Ray's Dad and his two sisters, Sita and Sia, whom I must add, are the BEST ever and I am so thankful that they are the sweetest girls in the world. I had been anxious all week waiting for the game and that first snap with Ray on the line, you would have thought I was playing or something! We pulled up to the stadium, which I LOVE having a family parking pass so we didn't have to trek 6 miles to get to the game....The BYU equipment trailer is parked right in front and low and behold this is the awesome view I first saw....

If you can't tell who the person is next to the Y on the trailer, I took another shot!
As you can tell, I am sooooo PROUD! I love this shot of Ray, it is during their haka that the team does before every game. When Ray told me they had put him on the BYU trailer this year, I didn't believe him, so I made him drive over to the stadium to show me!!..
The game started at 4pm that day, we got there at 3 :) Which I am happy because it was nice to watch the warm ups and get our seats without having to crawl over everyone! The stadium filled up rather quickly and as the count down began to the first kick-off at Lavell Edwards Stadium for the 2008 season ,the sea of BLUE filled the seats and the cheering started. I must admit, BYU has some DIE HARD fans! Before they introduced the team, the stadium was so loud, I couldn't hear the person sitting next to me, the seats were rumbling, and everyone was on their feet. It was pretty exciting, and then you could hear the team hitting the sides of the tunnel which they were about to run out of..... As the BYU team flag led the way of the Cougar football team the crowd went into an uproar and the team entered the field..

The team opened up with the traditional haka, (which is a Maori dance of welcoming) which was my first time watching it. I didn't know my baby had moves.. hahahaha. I had only seen him do the haka on the picture on the trailer! :)


The first kick of the 2008 football season!!!!!!

A few nights before the game, I was watching film with Ray and he was teaching me more about the game and how to read certain defenses and different plays the BYU offense runs. I found myself during the game catching things and noticing things that he told me....I felt pretty knowledgable about the game that day! See babe, I do listen!!! :)

This offense is one of the best in college football. These guys work so hard and the offensive line to me are the unsung heroes! Travis Bright, David Oswald, Dallas Reynolds, Ray, and Matt Reynolds. The starting 5. They do an awesome job and it's a line of strength and heart! I enjoy watching this line and watching the running backs run through those great holes that these guys are making. They don't get enough credit for the things they do and they take a lot of pride in their positions. GO O-LINE!!!!
The game was pretty fun, BYU had 4 turn overs in the second half, and still came out on top with a big W....41-17

Good job Cougars! I am so happy to be cheering for my better half from the stands and I am looking forward to a great season.

I am so proud of the hard work Ray puts into the game. It's a life style these men live and they love it! I'm grateful Ray is able to get his education and also do something he absolutely LOVES and to be part of tradition and history at this school. I can't wait till the next home game against UCLA. Keep up the good work guys....

I am his biggest cheerleader and I love this man so very much!!

6 comments:

Ku'uipo said...

GOOOO COUGARS!!!
OMG...did I actually say that?
hahaha. Love you guys.

Brittany said...

I'm so glad you found me!! I've been keeping stuff on the boys forEVER, but it used to be through paper and scrapbooking, this whole blogging thing makes it soooo much easier!! So, you got sucked in to the Blog World! so funny. Dallas and Suzanne have actually told us how darling you are, so it's great to finally "meet" you, though online! PS- I had NO IDEA you were related to Tupu! That is so cool... i don't know if they remember me, but say hi anyway! talk to you soon (and take all the pics you want!)

mary said...

hey! I'm so glad you found me!! your blog is SO cute. you are so on top of things. I WISH i had started blogging when i got married. . .it took me 2 years to start! lol. i'm so excited for you guys - you are such a cute couple. we'll keep in touch!

BETS & VETS said...

Hey girl long time no see- or hear you get my drift. Well you have every reason to be proud of your man, they had a great game- good luck on the wedding day!

Brittany said...

its me again, sorry! did you see that pic of ray in his helmet with a really mean look on his face? i posted it a few weeks ago, but if you wanna send me your email, i'll email it to ya, if you didn't see it- brittany.faiga8@gmail.com

KaSeY said...

so you don't look as good in blue but hey...i guess you have to support the honey! the pic of him on the truck!!!!! man i knew he was big...but this takes it to a whole new level ;) mwah!