Thursday, February 2, 2012

#1

My Toa!
I don't know if any of you Mother's who have multiple children ever had this fear, 
but I always wondered if I had more kids after Toa would I love them as much as I love my first?
I didn't think it was possible.. 
But of course it is.. Your heart grows bigger and fuller.. it truly is amazing.

I just wanted to write a little about him and everything that has been going on lately. 
He has adjusted fairly well when it comes to sharing his parents, home, everything with TWO new babies. For the most part, he loves them.. He calls them both "Baby" because he doesn't know which one is which yet. 

Some days he adores them.
Other days he wants to run them over with his Buzz car or yells at them to go to 'time out'.
Usually when I am holding one of them, he comes and hits them and tells me to put them down and hold him. It's been a constant fight the last month it seems. I know he just needs our attention, which I feel I've been pretty good at just setting the twins down and tending to his needs. {That's what my doctor told me to do anyway.. he said the twins do not know any better, Toa does. So, let the twins cry sometimes and tend to Toa} He's been such a big helper though. I can't imagine what he's thinking...

I'm still learning how to balance time with all 3. It seems like when you're tending to ones needs, another one needs something else etc.. I'm still working on being patient with Toa. He's 2! I need to remember that. He needs his Mommy time just as much and sometimes I lose sight and expect him to not be so whiny, or not be so needy.. but he has all the rights to be. 

 I know he can't wait until they can interact with him.. He probably thinks they're rather boring right now. But I love catching him talking to them or kissing them or giving them blankets {even if he does cover their faces} I know he is going to be a great big brother... 

I love you Toetoe!! You are my sweet sweet boy and we are so thankful for you! Everyday!!


4 comments:

MARCIA said...

Awww, what a cute big brother. I don't know what its like having twins, but I did have my first 3 all a year apart and it was way hard. I remember crying because one needed me and I was feeding the other and then my other one was just sitting in the corner with a sad face looking at me. It does get easier as time goes by. Like you said it is a balancing act and you're doing a good job!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Love that picture of you two....so cute! I was a little nervous going from one to two, and then from two to three...etc, but just like you said, your heart grows and makes more than enough room for everyone. You've always had a very speical bond with Toa...and I'm sure nothing that happens will change that! You are amazing at juggling, and your kids are blessed to have you for their mama!

Leti Purcell-YoungYen said...

Yay, your blog has gone public again! :) Your family has grown and your boys are so adorable. Congrats on the new additions.

Kalani said...

Oh, girl...I can SO feel you on EVERYTHING you wrote in this post! Ovaka is the same way with my girlies. And I totally had stress before Ovaka was born that I wouldn't be able to love anyone as much as I adored Ilaiasi. It's so amazing how your heart just opens up and makes room for everyone, isn't it? Love ya.