So, the other day, I snapped at Ray and had a total meltdown.
Here I am, I hadn't showered in two days.
I smelled like throw up and poop.
Toa looked like a poor orphan.
The twins were a freakin' mess.
The house was a disaster.
I was feeling like a total fat ass.
I was completely sleep deprived.
I had 4 loads of laundry to get done.
I had a camera full of pictures that I hadn't touched yet.
Pinterest was taking over my thoughts.
My 'to do' list was growing by the second...
I had 4 loads of laundry to get done.
I had a camera full of pictures that I hadn't touched yet.
Pinterest was taking over my thoughts.
My 'to do' list was growing by the second...
....and here walks in Ray, rejuvenated from a great workout with a coffee in his hand....
for him.
You would've think he just told me he had a girlfriend or something.
I came unglued.
I could've tackled him across the room and ripped his head off.
I could've tackled him across the room and ripped his head off.
I was so pissed off at him.
He was so confused.
It was obviously much more than the coffee that was bothering me.
He was so confused.
It was obviously much more than the coffee that was bothering me.
Anyone who knows me, knows that I.cannot.sit.still.
It's genetic.
My Mother is always always doing something.
Cleaning, cooking, rearranging, crafting, yardwork, organizing, fixing something, going somewhere, visiting someone etc..
Cleaning, cooking, rearranging, crafting, yardwork, organizing, fixing something, going somewhere, visiting someone etc..
My Dad is just as bad.
Therefore I believe it is genetically impossible for me to be idle.
Therefore I believe it is genetically impossible for me to be idle.
I am always busy.
If I'm not, I have this strange feeling of failure.
It drives me crazy if I don't accomplish something daily.
If I'm not, I have this strange feeling of failure.
It drives me crazy if I don't accomplish something daily.
When I had Toa, that didn't slow me down one bit. I was on the go with him just as much. Poor kid traveled more miles than most adults I know before he turned 1. I would just load him up and off we'd go. When I found out I was having twins, I was nervous. I was nervous because I knew I wouldn't be able to have the type of schedule I have with two newborns and a 2 year old.
As much as I'd like to be Superwoman, I'm not...
As much as I'd like to be Superwoman, I'm not...
I'm a list maker.
I have lists everywhere.
On my phone, in my room, on my computer desk.
If I don't have a list, I won't know what I need to get done.
I've had this list of things to do since before the twins were born. That list has seriously been eating at my brain.
When I had the time before I gave birth, I didn't have the energy.
Now, I'm lacking both energy and time.
I was frustrated because things weren't going as I planned.
I was arguing with a two year old.
I was frustrated the twins weren't on the same schedule.
I was just frustrated.
I always felt that nothing could stop me, and I could conquer the world, with diaper bag in tow!
I was so completely frazzled that I wasn't able to check many things off my 'list'.
The single cup of coffee that came walking through the door sent me over the edge.
Ray sat me down because he knew something was wrong. I cried to Ray telling him that I felt like I had so much to do, and I didn't know where to start and that I felt like all I did was tend to babies all day.
Don't get me wrong, I love it..
Now, if all my other chores and projects and work did itself I wouldn't mind tending to babies all day. Truth of the matter, I have a lot going on in my life. I always have, and that day I felt like I had no control..
over anything.
I felt like I had no schedule..
On my phone, in my room, on my computer desk.
If I don't have a list, I won't know what I need to get done.
I've had this list of things to do since before the twins were born. That list has seriously been eating at my brain.
When I had the time before I gave birth, I didn't have the energy.
Now, I'm lacking both energy and time.
I was frustrated because things weren't going as I planned.
I was arguing with a two year old.
I was frustrated the twins weren't on the same schedule.
I was just frustrated.
I always felt that nothing could stop me, and I could conquer the world, with diaper bag in tow!
I was so completely frazzled that I wasn't able to check many things off my 'list'.
The single cup of coffee that came walking through the door sent me over the edge.
Ray sat me down because he knew something was wrong. I cried to Ray telling him that I felt like I had so much to do, and I didn't know where to start and that I felt like all I did was tend to babies all day.
Don't get me wrong, I love it..
Now, if all my other chores and projects and work did itself I wouldn't mind tending to babies all day. Truth of the matter, I have a lot going on in my life. I always have, and that day I felt like I had no control..
over anything.
I felt like I had no schedule..
No structure.
No goal.
My goal was just to get through the day.. and possibly a shower!
No goal.
My goal was just to get through the day.. and possibly a shower!
I don't know if I was just envious of him because he got to go workout and get out of the house, or if because he had the damn coffee that I wanted. He of course offered it to me, but at that time had I taken it from him, I probably would've chucked it at his face.
His workouts is his job, but I just wanted to get out and run.. run, run, run..
Play my music as loud as possible and just run....
His workouts is his job, but I just wanted to get out and run.. run, run, run..
Play my music as loud as possible and just run....
We sat down and got a schedule planned out...
Even if it doesn't always go accordingly which I know 99% of the time it won't, that's okay.. at least I have a 'manual' to work off of.
Even if it doesn't always go accordingly which I know 99% of the time it won't, that's okay.. at least I have a 'manual' to work off of.
I got my list out of the things I needed to get done, and wanted to get done.
Projects I have wanted to finish and slowly started marking those off.
Now that I have alot of those things done, I feel a million times better.
AND I got a nap in, so I know that helped.
Projects I have wanted to finish and slowly started marking those off.
Now that I have alot of those things done, I feel a million times better.
AND I got a nap in, so I know that helped.
I just need to take it a day at a time and quit biting off more that I can chew.. especially now.
I've always been a master juggler and multi-tasker.. but things are so different now.
I've always been a master juggler and multi-tasker.. but things are so different now.
My boys come first.
All 4 of them.
I need to realize that I can't do it all.. no matter how much I try.
Ray is such a great help.
My family is so amazing.
I hate asking for help though, I feel like I'm burdening people.
I feel like a failure when I ask for help.
I feel like I'm failing because if I ask for help, it's like I can't handle just 3 kids.
But I've learned it's okay to ask for help.
Thankful for my husband for his support and helping me get back on track.
He know's I am OCD with things, and he's been conscious in helping me keep things in order.
When our home is in order, it just feels much better and not so chaotic and we can focus on each other.
All 4 of them.
I need to realize that I can't do it all.. no matter how much I try.
Ray is such a great help.
My family is so amazing.
I hate asking for help though, I feel like I'm burdening people.
I feel like a failure when I ask for help.
I feel like I'm failing because if I ask for help, it's like I can't handle just 3 kids.
But I've learned it's okay to ask for help.
Thankful for my husband for his support and helping me get back on track.
He know's I am OCD with things, and he's been conscious in helping me keep things in order.
When our home is in order, it just feels much better and not so chaotic and we can focus on each other.
Go Team Feinga!! :)
I don't think he will ever bring home one cup of coffee ever again either! :)
12 comments:
AHAHAHAHAHA, oh, Kassie...I could have written your post almost word-for-word. Well...except that anymore I have NO problem just sitting and doing nothing. I still have lists of things I need to get done, but my brain and body are totally fried from sleep deprivation (which is not looking like it will improve today either since I'm reading your blog at 4:23 a.m., while one of the twins is hanging off my boob, and Ovaka is screaming in my ear.) love ya, girl...hang in there. I feel confident that it will get better at some point...I just don't know quite when! :)
I have to tell you that I absolutely love this post. It's so real that I honestly laughed out loud at work. (Good thing I'm working alone this morning or I would have definitely be in the crazy category.) I laughed out loud because I too have had those exact feelings, when you're so frustrated that you feel as if you could tackle your/my husband. Just to hear that someone other than myself has these moments made me smile. Thank you for sharing... If I knew you a little better I would offer to come over and help, so you could have that 15 minute shower power, but since i don't I might sound like a crazy random person. ;) From one list maker to another... Hang tight because you're on the right track. ;)
Kassie I loved this blog post! You are not alone in your feelings of frustration and stress and it's good to know that neither am I. I loved how you described it though. I literally could see it in my mind. You have a way of writing that just makes people feel like they know you. If you don't already know, once you have 3 children, you can handle 10. It seriously is a juggling act, but you're doing a good job at it! Keep it up!
We ALL go through it. And I'm sorry for laughing at reading it, cause when I'm having my moments like that...it's NOT funny! You are superwoman though, and not to worry...as soon as those handsome little boys can walk, I'm sure they'd love to just go, go, go with you! Glad you have such an awesome husband that doesn't freak out back at you...and will share his coffee! What a hard lesson learned for him that he should have just bought 2 in the first place...hahaha Love you Kass! I really think it's time for lunch! Sounds like we BOTH need a break!
Could not stop from lol foreal!! I feel u sis on making it a goal to shower!! Having Bella & Selini is rough...u have 2 baby's n a toddler, my heart aches for ya!! But u r seriously doing soooo well. I make too many excuses of why I can't do this or that, & ur crying if u don't..I wish I could be more like that lol keep it up, freakin funny blog, love ya!!
Omg, I have days like this too! Like everyday! Lol Sad, but true! I feel so unmotivated lately! I feel so useless! But maybe that's all I need to do, is get a schedule going. I really need to get my butt in gear! You really are a super mama though! Keep up the great work Kass! :)
Sweetheart....
First and foremost... Your an amazing Wife and Mother... Your challenges that our in front of you are because everyone knows YOU CAN Achieve them.. There will be plenty of days when you break down and just want to cry... DO IT... don't hold back or you start resenting your life... Sorry about the spelling... Audree my 8 yr old spells better than me... It is tuff to be a full time Mother Business woman and friend and care giver and the list is endless of us... Take those showers remember to schedule time in for you... Believe me I know these days it is hard to come by... YOU need to do that or who knows you can end up like me having a stroke at 29 yrs of age... Yuck... I feel you about being a failure and asking for help that isnt my fortay either... But were not... We sometimes just need that extra hand... Erik works more than 12 hrs a day and when he gets home he is pooped and so am I... But if you guys work together as a Team and a AweSome Strong family YOU WILL see things through... Don't sweat the small nugggy things on your list... Believe me I got a list too... Only way to function... Take it Easy Stay in touch were all here for YOU...
Hey Kassie! Thanks for sharing your blog! I love it! I've lived your day one too many times in my life(which probably explains the missing locks of hair on my head) and I have to tell ya, there's nothing better than living it out with the one's you love most. I really had to learn how to accept the help from others. When Kinga married into our family I already had 4 kids and was just a disaster. None of my immediate family lived in Utah and I was a young 21 yr old mother. It's so hard to look back and think about it! But I was so glad that she came into my life because I would not have been able to get half the things on my to do list done on a daily without her. Thanks for sharing such a personal day in ur life and reminding me to thank the ones around me for all their help. Love ya!
I was just thinking this morning, it would be fun to have twins, and then it made me think of you. Then I thought to myself, it would be fun to have twins, but a lot of work... which I don't know if I could do it all by myself. YOU on the other hand are an amazing person! Super Woman should be your middle name! Seriously! Tell Ray the next time he comes home from workouts without a coffee for the both of you I'm going to fly down there and sasa his muli! Lol! This post gives me hope that it's okay to not brush my teeth or shower all day by the time Spencer comes home from work. Our to-do list sometimes needs to be thrown out the window for the day :)
this is the awesomest thing i've EVER READ!! hahahaha... i totally know how you feel, for real. there are just those moments- MOMMY moments, you are tired, sloppy, ugly, fat, messy, chaotic, frustrated, everything/one around you is needing something, crying, asking for something, bills to pay, meals to make, milk going bad on the counter... need i go on? and sometimes the knight in shining armor is just clueless. no offense to the guys- they just simply don't think about some of those things til we say something. anyway.... LOVED THIS! thanks ;)
I loved this! Glad I'm not the only one who hopes that i can atleast shower in a 24 hr period lol
I am totally a list lady and pretty much everything you described. You really aren't at all alone, I hope you get some rest and I know you will figure it all out. That is actually a big reason I started doing chEATday, was so I could be real person again, for me it helped tremendously :)
Post a Comment