Friday, January 7, 2011

18 months

Toa had his 18 month check up today...
He turned 18 months on the 29th of December, but with all the holiday craziness, we just got him in today.. 

He was OFF the charts as always, and was 34.7lbs and 36 1/4 inches. 
The doctor said he is getting 'too heavy' and just to be more conscious about what we are feeding him. 
This made me a little nervous.... I do try to watch what he eats... it's not like he sits and eats crap all day... he has his occasional 'treat' here and there, I'm pretty strict on juices and sugars etc but he's considered 'heavy'
He doesn't look fat to me by any means... he is just SOLID! 

He is so smart.. sometimes I forget how old he is... he does really well on his shape puzzles and building blocks.. he loves to play cars and slide down his slide.  He knows how to do the "gimme five" game and will give everyone in sight "pounds". He loves to kiss the girls and give hugs. He is so affectionate and animated... and loud! He has always been loud though. He is so much fun, but man can he test my patience. He is NON STOP! From sunrise to sunset, this boy is on the go.. it's exhausting.

He loves fruits of all kinds, tomatoes, edamame, chicken, rice, lasagna, jello and fruit snacks. 
He loves chocolate milk and MacNCheese.
 He loves Toy Story and Elmo.
 He loves dancing and story time.
 He could live in the water if we let him.
He loves when you chase him around and tickle sessions.
He LOVES football and has a good arm. You tell him 'touchdown' and he throws his hands in the air.

He is unfortunately still on the bottle.. Trust me, I'm trying. It's a once in a while thing.
AND he is unfortunately still sleeping with us. Once he falls asleep with us though, I put him in his bed and he sleeps for the night... I got really tired of getting kicked in the throat while I was sleeping and also whacked in the face.

I've been around a few newborns lately and I seriously forgot how small they can be.
I miss that.. who knows.. maybe Toa will be a big brother in 2011! :)

Love you my sunshine....

5 comments:

♥Carolynn said...

He is so handsome! And I don't think you have anything to worry about with his weight. Some kids are just solid, my boys are. Especially if your not feeding him junk, then he really is just a solid kid. Hope all is well Kass!

Hayward Family said...

That little guy of yours is so sweet! He is NOT "heavy" - it's that poly blood girl! He is SOLID.. He is ready to be an O lineman! ;) Love you and your cute family!

Line said...

i never listen to doctors when they tell me my kids are too big. 1) they're polynesian and 2) why w would i want a scrawny kid anyway? lol. happy 18 mo to your little man!

mary said...

oh my goodness! he is SO HUGE!! gonna be another football player fo sho. i wanted to tell you kass how much i LOVE your photography!! i'm so happy you get to do something you love. good luck with everything!

Felecia Moeaki said...

He is so cute and big! Don't feel bad we still have two sleeping with us. Wah!!!