Time has been FLYING by lately.. so much has been going on and I feel like I'm in a whirlwind right now.
-The 2010 NFL season ended for us January 3rd. It went by so fast...
-We went to Disneyworld for an entire week with my family again the end of January. It was soo much fun as always. I had withdrawls for a few days after and really just wanted to go live in Cinderella's castle.I
-We came home to Utah! Yay! I love being here with my family.. my first stop off the plane was to see my sweet Grammy.. she has been so sick for the last few months and was in the hospital. It breaks my heart to see her sick the way she is. Can I just say that she is such a strong woman, who never ever complains about anything. I love her so very much! She is an amazing human being and I am so grateful she's my Grams.
-I have so many blogs to catch up on.. I really miss my iMac right now.. I was tempted to pack it up and ship it out here while we are visiting..
Well we aren't sure when we are heading back to Miami with this whole lockout thing..For those of you who don't know what the lockout is about, well, to keep it short, as of March 3rd the NFL will come to a hault. Yup, no.more.football until the NFL and the NFLPA (National Football League Players Association) can come to a new CBA agreement. The current one expires on March 3rd, so unless the owners and player union can figure out something that will work for both sides, the only football you'll be watching is on Madden! It's so ridiculous and frustrating. So who knows what's going to happen? It's so annoying to see all of this draft talk and what team will be where next season.. um there isn't going to be a season.. No wonder Andrew Luck from Stanford stayed another year.. because he knew if he came out early, he might not be getting paid... we hear things that they will reach an agreement by March 15th or not until October.. Soooo, with the lockout coming up, we will just lay low here in Utah and be with our families.. no reason to be in Miami when the players aren't allowed to go to the facility, workout with the team etc.. that means no OTA's, mini-camps, blah blah blah until a new CBA is reached. Our health insurance disappears on March 3rd, so we are squeezing in all of our medical appointments etc before then and lucky me, I get my tonsils out March 2nd :)
We really hope they reach an agreement.. the agreement on the table screws us over.. no health coverage, no injury protection, the owners want a longer season and pay cuts and benefit cuts. HELL NO! I'm glad the union is working hard for these guys.. they put their bodies on the line everyday for the entertainment of others and it's no easy feat. It's a stressful, dog eat dog industry that you fight every day for your job.
The NFL is still having a draft.. I just feel bad for all of these rookies coming out if there's no agreement met. They won't get to have rookie camps or anything. STUPID! It's just potentially putting these guys at risk for more injuries..
In the meantime, I will enjoy my time home. I miss our 90 degree weather though. We are just keeping our fingers crossed... I'm sure there will be a lot of pissed off fans come September if there's no NFL :)
6 comments:
Yeah, all that sucks, but I sure enjoy having you home!! =) Love you sissy!! =)
boo on the lockout i'm just happy the union is sticking to the players! i hope they do come to an agreement beforehand we'll keep our fingers crossed! I'm looking forward to next season so there better be a next season...i'm happy to know your with your family =) miss and love you guys!
wow that's hat that is huh? well I doubt they'll want to piss off the fans however time is so important. I really hope all works out for you and your little family cause that's just annoying.
Thanks for explaining the lockout. I don't pay too much attention to the whole football thing. Hopefully they will agree on something. But definitely enjoy your time out here with family.
I hope everything goes well. I would stay put too - Sending out good vibes to the football universe and hope things come out on the players side!! See you when this all blows over! Hopefully sooner than later :)
That's like saying we're gonna just cancel Thanksgiving this year...they need to cut the nonsense out and let the players PLAY and provide them with what they need to take care of themselves and their families, ESPECIALLY health wise. It's football, that's about as American as you can get...how frustrating! Hoping for the best!
Post a Comment