Last week we were able to attend the press screening of Disney's Moana.
What an incredible job Disney did researching the Polynesian cultures and representing them on such a showcase. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone.
Moana, is strong and eager and the one thing I love about this, she is not going after a love interest, nor is the plot around Prince Charming.
It is funny, and made me even more proud of my heritage. My boys absolutely loved it and keep asking to see it again. The only thing I will touch base on which I was a tad disappointed was the music. Polynesians are known for music and dance!! The music of course had the Disney spin on it, but I was really hoping to hear a little more 'island' flavor in the songs from some of our incredible Polynesian artists like Fiji!! Some of the songs were a little too Broadway for me and it would've been cool to hear a little more island beat to really showcase the music our people write.
You will laugh, you will cry, you will leave loving the Polynesian culture and loving The Rock even more than you already do. Moana is a definite must see with your family this holiday season.
Can't wait to see it again!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment