Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I have Money

We went to the store today and of course, everytime we go shopping, Toa seems to load the cart full of things he wants. Usually Ray gives in but I was putting my foot down from now on. No more toys!!!
He has so many toys that he just plays with for five seconds and then in the box it goes... 

He grabbed some Power Ranger Samurai box, I kept putting it on the shelf, he kept putting it in the cart. Every time I put it away, I would tell him "You have no money, you're not getting it"
Finally I just left it in the cart but explained to him, we were giving it back to the cashier when we got to the front. 

I asked the cashier how much it was, just curious. 
$49.99!! Ok, now you're really not getting it buddy..
I asked her to pretend she was scanning it and then just keep it behind the register... 

All of a sudden, Toa starts screaming 

"Wait, wait, I have money Mom, I have money to buy it"
While he's screaming, he is frantically reaching into his pocket and he pulled out 
a dollar bill. 

"See Mom, I have money, peeze, I have money"

Okay, this is where I was the bad guy.. I stood my ground and said NO!
His little heart broke and he put his dollar back in his pocket and then the flood gates opened!
We were walking to the car and he just had his hands in his pockets crying..
I seriously was heart broken for him, he told me again

"Peeze Mom, I have money"

Ray and I both looked at each other and then I took him back inside to get the damn toy!!

SUCKERS!!!!!

Well, we walked around and found the toy, but thank goodness he didn't want the same toy from before. He just wanted 3 little Power Ranger figurines at $7 a piece. When we checked out he gave the lady his dollar and was so proud. He was so happy and gave me a kiss and thanked me. 

We got in the car, he would not let go of those things and this is  what happened before I even pulled out of the parking lot!



Oh Son, you're lucky you're such a sweetheart and so handsome!!

No comments: